Sos!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Ive had my droid for about 7 days...or had my phone i should say. Yesterday i put my bag down for just a second and some punk kid ran off with my bag. It had all of my college text books as well as my phone. I had the wheres my droid app on there but in order to work it has to be in view of the sky....I wanted to know if anyone knew any way to trace it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....you didn't have anything like Mobile Defense installed in your phone? Without a program like that there is not much you can do except report it as stolen to Verizon.

OP
M
Reaction score
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! dang i was just getting used to the droid. I can only hope that best buy covers theft.:blink:

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Did you make a police report? My teenager had her LG touch stolen at school and I made a police report. I called verizon and had the service immediately cut (ironically the punk actually tried to use the phone while I was on the phone to Verizon, when they got Verizon they tried to say they found the phone but hung up before Verizon could trace the location). Anyways, with the police report, my homeowners policy covered the replacement. You can also try to see if the warranty will cover theft, but I am sure you will have to at least make a police report. Good luck and really sorry for your loss.

cpinto

Reaction score
Ive had my droid for about 7 days...or had my phone i should say. Yesterday i put my bag down for just a second and some punk kid ran off with my bag. It had all of my college text books as well as my phone. I had the wheres my droid app on there but in order to work it has to be in view of the sky....I wanted to know if anyone knew any way to trace it.

As long as your phone is on, I believe "where's my android" can use cell towers to get a rough location, but it won't be very accurate.

After you try that ...

Call Verizon, report it stolen, and deactivate it.

NOW !!!!!!!

M

Matth3w

Another great reason to pay a miniscule amount for phone insurance :(

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another great reason to pay a miniscule amount for phone insurance :(

Exactly why I decided to look into getting insurance on mine. I got lucky and even though I was past my 30 days Assurion still insured my phone. Now I just have to make sure I keep it safe for 29 more days.

M

Matth3w

You never know what's going to happen and it's my only form of communication. So I definitely opted for the insurance, especially after I got pushed into a pool with my LG enV3 and they covered it no questions asked.

ripstar

Reaction score
I cancelled my insurance because it took 4 days to recieve my phone. It was holidays and takes 2 days anyway. I use my phone A LOT for my job and being without it for 4 days is assinine. Verizon's insurance is a joke. Why not just have the phone on site? Pretty silly if you ask me

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I cancelled my insurance because it took 4 days to recieve my phone. It was holidays and takes 2 days anyway. I use my phone A LOT for my job and being without it for 4 days is assinine. Verizon's insurance is a joke. Why not just have the phone on site? Pretty silly if you ask me

Verizon doesn't provide the insurance, Assurion does. And it's hardly a joke, it beats paying 500.00 for a phone and yes sir, there are these things called holidays that can slow things up. Now the OP doesn't have a phone or a way to recoup his losses. The insurance is well worth it.

M

Matth3w

Holidays and shipping are not Asurions fault. It isn't their fault that UPS/FedEX don't deliver on Sundays, for example.

It sucks to have to wait for a phone...but usually the insurance covers things that aren't their fault...it's not their fault if you sit on your phone, drop it, it gets stolen, get pushed into a pool, etc etc.

cpinto

Reaction score

Verizon doesn't provide the insurance, Assurion does. And it's hardly a joke, it beats paying 500.00 for a phone and yes sir, there are these things called holidays that can slow things up. Now the OP doesn't have a phone or a way to recoup his losses. The insurance is well worth it.

My family has cashed in on the insurance twice. Filed claim online. Both times had a new phone in my hands within 12 ours.

Their service is great.

solar

Reaction score
Not that it will help you now, but there is a program called WaveSecure that lets you track your phone, lock it remotly or remote wipe it. I've only had it for a bit and haven't tried to hard to break though it, but the tracking and remote lock/unlock works. I haven't tried the remote wipe though!