"Sorry! The process com.motorola.service.main...

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Gudasau, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Gudasau

Gudasau Member

Ratings:
    +0
    has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." This started popping up this afternoon. No changes to my phone. Stock Bionic. There are a lot of hits on Google, but no solutions. What is this? The only way to get the pop-up off my screen so I can move on, is to "force stop". My battery life is really poor today as well. Only other "odd" thing I have noticed is minutes prior to this message popping up, I attempted to send an email. It failed to send, then sent 50+ times. Good thing it was to my husband.... He's forgiving!

If anyone knows what this is, please let me know. I have read posts on other forums from people who have done factory resets and still have the issue. Like I said, I had made no changes, was just cruising along with my day when all of a sudden....

Please forgive me if this has already been posted. I searched prior to starting this thread....

2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Gudasau

Gudasau Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chrstdvd. I tried this yesterday (yeah sounded doubtful to me too) and it didn't work. I deleted one of my email accounts (Road Runner) and the problem stopped. So I know what was causing it, but have no idea why. I need to get that account back on my phone, but would like to know what's causing the pop-up error before I do. The error message isn't tied into sending/receiving. It happened every few seconds and popped up even when I was trying to open other apps on my phone.

If I find a solution somewhere else, I'll post it here. There are a lot of people with this issue and a lot of them are going through needless factory resets and trading their phones for new ones. Neither are necessary.

4. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Nice. been wanting to set up my roadrunner email on my droid!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

6. Gudasau

Gudasau Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I added my Road Runner account back onto my phone. It's been active for about 5 minutes with no error messages (knock wood). Sure hope the "issue" gets resolved soon.

7. Gudasau

Gudasau Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Bionic set up with Road Runner for a few months. Yesterday was the first time I had any problems with the error message popping up. Hopefully you won't have to deal with whatever it is....

8. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Can you do Roadrunner through the Gmail account?

Using Gmail as your own personal push mail server

I've been doing all my email accounts this way for over a year now and love it. All my emails get pushed to the phone as soon as they hit the google server.

Good luck.

9. Gudasau

Gudasau Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the account back up and running for 12 hours and no error messages! Of course, shortly after re-installing, I found my long-awaited update. Hoping that either the un-install/re-install cured it, or the update fixed it.

As for the Gmail to personal push, I don't need my email to come in instantaneously, so don't think I need that...unless, of course, my theories fail and the annoying pop-up returns. THEN, I will give it a try! I book-marked it just in case....

Search tags for this page

com.motorola.service.main

com.motorola.service.main has stopped
com.motorola.service.main has stopped unexpectedly
motorola.service.main
process com.motorola.service.main has stopped unexpectedly
process.com.motorola.service.main
the process com.motorola.service.main
the process com.motorola.service.main has stopped

the process com.motorola.service.main has stopped unexpected

what is com.motorola.service.main