Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file.

Exabachay

Reaction score
with the new update, my music player wont accept any format but mpeg. will i have to reformat ALL of my music? Also, it wont play videos anymore. all i use is youtube.

Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file. is the error message it gives me.

any ideas?

OP
E

Exabachay

Reaction score
Mine wont play anything i have bought off of iTunes. It's pretty irritating... to think i might have to go back to my iPod...:icon_eek:

mikeyd08

Reaction score
I think this a DRM issue. I have dozens of WMA files and they all work. However, I never drank the iTunes kool aid.

OP
E

Exabachay

Reaction score
I think this a DRM issue. I have dozens of WMA files and they all work. However, I never drank the iTunes kool aid.

im not really sure what that means, what am i supposed to do to fix it?

OP
E

Exabachay

Reaction score
So, i guess DRM means patience? because now all of my music plays again, along with youtube. thanks, all.

lea273

Reaction score
music player

I have had the same problem. You have to take out the SD card and put it back in. then it works fine....however.....It continues to happen, and I am irritated that I keep having to do this. Hopefully there will be a fix, cause it has only happened since the upgrade.

actorhjh

Reaction score
Same issue

I have had a similar issue with my Gmail voicemail files. I posted a thread about my Vonage voicemail sending a .wav file to my gmail and now after 2.2 update my phone says it wont support that format. Had a response that said that it only supported some types of .wav files, we still don't understand that one!

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Yeah I always get a copy of my voicemails through my Exchange account and they always played just fine until the update. What gives Google? Better Exchange incorporation, degraded audio file support?

cid`

Reaction score
try rebooting your phone too.. im starting to get that alot.. i think its one of the services that crashes or gets stopped by the task manager that is needed to play certain file extensions

m3shelly

Reaction score
why this?

This morning, my alarms goes off, at its normal time, but I get a beeping alarm, and not The Great Gig In The Sky, as its setup to play. I was curious, but forgot about it, until a friend at work asked about his alarm volume on his new Droid X, and said it was very low for an alarm. I then opened my alarm, and it was set to play the audio clip, but gave me that same error message! At least it substituted the beeping alarm, and didn't allow me to miss work!

I hope they rectify this issue. I will go back to 2.1 if I have to screw around to play music. I noticed this immediately after I downloaded 2.2, when the phone wouldn't play a .mpeg clip online, but I assumed it was corrupt or something. And, I had previously downloaded that clip before the ota 2.2 bricked my phone. I was able to play the clip on the phone, but only after downloading to my home computer and then to the phone. My alarm worked fine for over a week now after that, and just screwed up today... odd.

GeLopez

Reaction score
This morning, my alarms goes off, at its normal time, but I get a beeping alarm, and not The Great Gig In The Sky, as its setup to play. I was curious, but forgot about it, until a friend at work asked about his alarm volume on his new Droid X, and said it was very low for an alarm. I then opened my alarm, and it was set to play the audio clip, but gave me that same error message! At least it substituted the beeping alarm, and didn't allow me to miss work!

I hope they rectify this issue. I will go back to 2.1 if I have to screw around to play music. I noticed this immediately after I downloaded 2.2, when the phone wouldn't play a .mpeg clip online, but I assumed it was corrupt or something. And, I had previously downloaded that clip before the ota 2.2 bricked my phone. I was able to play the clip on the phone, but only after downloading to my home computer and then to the phone. My alarm worked fine for over a week now after that, and just screwed up today... odd.

And what does bricked means? Lol
Sorry you are having problems, mine plays mp3,3gp,wma, m4v and others

m3shelly

Reaction score
bricked

Bricked just means not much more use than a brick... when I received the ota update to 2.2, my phone locked up and I received a new phone. That's all.

Too-Swift

Reaction score
yeah, this is really annoying. It works one minute and not thenext. this needs to be fixed right away.