Sorry, Didn't Read The Rules Before Jumping In The Pool :-(

C.A.Marsh1987

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to read my email, that initial private message, or the rules about properly introducing yourself. So here goes.

My name is Christopher, I just turned a quarter of a century old, and I live in Rochester, MN. I'm originally from the U.K. Immigrated when I was eight, and still have a slight English accent when I get angry. I currently have at least 9 different smart phones for the Verizon Network. I tend to buy a new phone every 6 months because something better always pops up and I have to have it. I'm currently running a Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 on the leaked .905 update, which is most awesome and highly recommended. If you upgrade, Google search "Droid Bionic .905 Update Issues", and find the link for the battery and SIM card trick, it's near the third one down, or else your data 4GLTE connection won't properly function.

I do have my phone "rooted", and used SQLEditor for the infamous "Free Mobile Hotspot", again Google search if you want it. If you haven't noticed by now, Google is my best friend, He should be everyone's best friend infact. I have played around with custom flashing ROMs and found it quite easy. However I have not found a ROM that suits my needs or tastes. I haven't played much with the rooted abilities because it usually ends up messing up my phone somehow, so I just stick with rooted Free Wifi, it's good enough for me right now.

I'm planning on attending college in the fall to obtain an Associates in Computer Sciences. I have yet to decide which particular field interests me most, but like most days I'll just change my mind 182 times until it feels right.

I live by one rule and one rule only, respect everything. Not just people, or religious views, political interpretations or ways of life, also respect nature, animals, and most of all your machines, after all they will be replacing you one day, and you never know, they might just keep you around because you respected them. But mostly because they tend to last longer if you take care of them.

I am extremely polite, and very cautious, when it comes to wording things on the internet. And when you break that one rule that I foretold, I can get very ugly. I respect you, you respect me.

I believe that no one has the single right answer, especially when it comes to computers and mobile devices. There are a ton of different ways of doing one certain thing, just ask any linux user, so search and search until you're content and find a way that makes sense to you. Give props to that person and their way because they think just like you.

I'm not really certain if you care to hear the physical attributes of me, but I also don't want you to think I'm some uber nerd with glasses who just sits at home on his computer all day hacking and modding. In fact I'm quite opposite of that. I'm 5 foot 7.5 inches tall. I weigh 165 pounds. I do however wear glasses, have never found a pair of contacts that fit properly. I've brown hair and eyes that match, although my hair changes colors during the summer, it becomes this calico mixture of golds and light bronzes with my dark brown underneath. I've got more hair on my body than I do on my head for some odd reason, have never quite figured that one out.

I'm extremely intelligent and gifted in more ways than one should be. I've always achieved above and beyond my expected capacities in both educational senses and life. I'm actually the only person in my entire lineage to have graduated from high school. I can speak 5 different languages, not including American Sign Language, because for some reason it's never really a language you find on an application or anywhere, unless you're deaf. And as you may have noticed I tend to ramble a lot, like a faucet that you just can't stop from dripping. But most of my brightest ideas have come out of my thoughts rambling on. I believe it's because the more thoughts that are flowing, the higher the brain activity, therefore allowing you to achieve such great thoughts.

My partner (Yes, Gay! Don't Hate!) is a Computer Engineer for Hitachi/Western Digital and works closely with Intel in California and Vancouver. So whenever I have questions I ask him and he teaches me. We are like minded when it comes to programming and computer sciences. We're like two terminal commands that make something happen...LOL! Oh, and I tend to use LOL a lot, I'm currently surprised that I've only used it twice...LOL! Ooops 3 times. I don't know what it is, but there's something about imagining you imagining me laughing. Just cracks me up thinking about it.

Anyways, I hope this is enough of a welcome speech to keep you intrigued. I plan on bringing great things to this community in the future. As soon as I learn my way around the site, and fully understand all the rules...like why an Admin has to approve your post, I don't plan on being rude or disrespectful, number one rule.

Plan On Hearing From You Soon,
C.A.Marsh1987

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't feel bad Christopher, I am over 1800 posts strong here at DF and I don't think I ever made an introduction thread. But, welcome to Droidforums. Nice to "meet" you!

B

bens42608

Hello. I am also a computer science major- about halfway done with my bachelors. The best ROM for the bionic is eclipse 2.2. Welcome.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome Christopher! Jump in & enjoy!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the DROID forums, definitely a detailed intro post. Welcome and have a good time. :)

Keep the lol's to a minimum please or we will be forced to restrict your usage of them lol :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Looks like Christopher (also my son's name :biggrin:) is trying to give me a run for my money, huh? :blink:

Christopher, the joke's on me!! I am somewhat (really excessively) verbose, so I'm happy to see someone else who knows how to handle the literary skills!! :biggrin: Welcome to the forum and thanks for being a strong poster and it will be nice to have someone else to speak at length with! :biggrin:

Also, typically an admin doesn't need to approve a post, but sometimes the posts have things in them that our "spam bot" identifies as a potential spam post, so it will flag them for review. I believe this is what happened to your post. We are reviewing it and if there are any changes to be made, someone will PM you, otherwise, post away. Just keep one very important thing in mind. We're a "family friendly" site, so please keep the verbiage to a PG13 or better rating and we'll all be quite fine with it.

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Don't feel bad Christopher, I am over 1800 posts strong here at DF and I don't think I ever made an introduction thread. But, welcome to Droidforums. Nice to "meet" you!

Hmm, I guess I never did an intro thread either.. No biggie! :biggrin: Welcome!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF Christopher!! Great intro post, thank you for taking the time to compose it for us :biggrin:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
tgyberg said:
Hmm, I guess I never did an intro thread either.. No biggie! :biggrin: Welcome!

Welcome Christopher... and, yes I am one of the guilty ones who never made an intro post. So moderators, does that mean I'm busted? Just joking... they are an awesome bunch. Actually, truth be told, I intentionally did not do an intro post because my initial idea was that I was just going to learn by reading everyone else's posts and never post myself. But it turned out that this forum was impossible to not get involved in because the people here are the best.

Enjoy! I look forward to learning from you and hope we are able to help you some too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Welcome Christopher... and, yes I am one of the guilty ones who never made an intro post. So moderators, does that mean I'm busted? Just joking... they are an awesome bunch. Actually, truth be told, I intentionally did not do an intro post because my initial idea was that I was just going to learn by reading everyone else's posts and never post myself. But it turned out that this forum was impossible to not get involved in because the people here are the best.

Enjoy! I look forward to learning from you and hope we are able to help you some too.

Truth be told, it's members like YOU that make this forum the best! I've seen you take command of situations and provide accurate and helpful advice on many occasions. Any member wishing to make the best of this would benefit from reading and watching you. Thanks for helping to make this the best forum on the web for me too! :biggrin:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ditto! And right back at you! Your help,expertise and courtesy has been invaluable! Many many thanks to you also!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I am somewhat (really excessively) verbose...

That's the understatement of the year. ;)

And welcome to the site, Christopher! You're welcome here no matter your personal life! Just don't be an Apple engineer. :)

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid