Soooo whats up with Pheonix?

whatsinaname

Reaction score
Just wondering where Rubix is going next.
I am running 1.9.7 and lovin it, but the Rom Flashing Bug is strong.
Just wondering if Drod2169 working on Pheonix will lead to something awesome worth waiting for, and if so how long for a release? or if I should just go on a flashing spree to help get this rom flashing monkey off my back.

Nandroid backups makes going back to Rubix so easy so it is nice to "check out" other roms, but I keep coming back :)

mcp770

Reaction score
While waiting for the next evolution of the Drod rom try liberty out. I switch to Liberty tweak the phone to destruction for a few weeks then come back to RubiX for a while. Both are great roms but Drod's work is indeed the gold standard and I can't wait for the Pheonix rom.

OP
W

whatsinaname

Reaction score
While waiting for the next evolution of the Drod rom try liberty out. I switch to Liberty tweak the phone to destruction for a few weeks then come back to RubiX for a while. Both are great roms but Drod's work is indeed the gold standard and I can't wait for the Pheonix rom.

I have been thinking of trying Apex, mostly because I just got a new TV and want to try the HDMI out :) If only moto would unlock the boot loader and hand the keys to this phone over to the capable devs. They have done so much with out unlocking the bootloader. Kudos again to all the Devs.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just wondering where Rubix is going next.
I am running 1.9.7 and lovin it, but the Rom Flashing Bug is strong.
Just wondering if Drod2169 working on Pheonix will lead to something awesome worth waiting for, and if so how long for a release? or if I should just go on a flashing spree to help get this rom flashing monkey off my back.

Nandroid backups makes going back to Rubix so easy so it is nice to "check out" other roms, but I keep coming back :)

Matt4542 will be "officially" supporting the DX/D2. DRodSpeed will be in every Phoenix rom, though.

There is no eta, but progress has been made on the DX and Fascinate sides, and I believe we have great progress on the D1 as well.

meshdub

Reaction score
Drod, so should we not expect any Rubix releases from now on? I remember there was talk about 2.0, so I was wondering...

chefb

Reaction score
Ahh....just when I thought I settled down!.....PHENOIX the name wounds buttery and majestic. Look like more nights with the garden hoes!

mcp770

Reaction score
I will take 2.0 or a new Pheonix rom. I'm getting the itch to flash something and I'm bored with all the other current roms. They are all just variations of the same old thing. Not that they aren't awesome I just miss having something new to tinker with.

OP
W

whatsinaname

Reaction score
Drod, Thanks for the reply, keep on keepin on with with great work. Until you release something else, phoenix or rubix, I am just going to stay with my rubix 1.9.7. No sense messing with something running so smooth until the next latest greatest comes out.

Cheers!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
SO ya, um, is pheonix a new rom or just the next version of Rubix that will be stupid aweosme or something?

Chrussell1215

Reaction score
I tried out Liberty for a while... I loved the tool box and everything, but my Droid did not like that Rom. I was getting terrible battery life, and freeze up three to four times a day. Went back to the tried and true Rubix. It may have less bells and whistles but I'm not throwing my phone across the room as much as I was on Liberty :) Can't wait for something new though.... a new phone or a new rom I wonder which I'll get first...

sk8

Reaction score
I tried out Liberty for a while... I loved the tool box and everything, but my Droid did not like that Rom. I was getting terrible battery life, and freeze up three to four times a day. Went back to the tried and true Rubix. It may have less bells and whistles but I'm not throwing my phone across the room as much as I was on Liberty :) Can't wait for something new though.... a new phone or a new rom I wonder which I'll get first...
I actually prefer to not have the toolbox. It is definitely handy but I like simple and clean.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App