Soooo...I got this refurbed Droid 2 yesterday...

CorkYRogers

Reaction score
Verizon wouldn't just give me a new phone period, after I was on my 5th Droid 1...they said my only option was a refurbed Droid 2 or buy a new phone at 1 year pricing.

So I went Droid 2...so far so good.

However, I've noticed 2 dead pixels on the screen. Should I even complain at this point? Should I just be happy I have a working phone? Should I stop using Verizon altogether, move to Nepal, become a farmer, work the fields, and hopefully never give my life to a phone again?

droidforums, you decide! :)

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Being a Sherpa always sounded like an interesting career to me. You have 30 days to replace your refurb on warranty, If give it about 25 days before you complain... but thats just me.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never seen how 2 dead pixels can affect a screen but if you've gone through 5 phones either you have awful bad luck or you're too picky.

I won't past judgement.

As far as your other option goes, that would relieve you of the stress of having to deal with these gawd awful phone issues. ;)

KOBasinger

Reaction score
Get another one. You pay enough for it. You should get your moneys worth. Sounds like bad luck though. I'm on my 2nd Droid in 6 months.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im still on my first droid...Ive done everything to it and still runs strong.

How in the world did you need 5 replacement phones? What is happening to them.

evetro76

Reaction score
I was on my third D1 in six months and I was also sick of it. I complained to Verizon enough (and I emailed them about a customer service rep that was rude) and some manager finally took pity on me and adjusted my "new every two" upgrade 18 months early (plus a $50 credit). So I got a new DX.

I love the phones, but Verizon customer service really sucks. My phone died on a Sunday while I was away on business (no store in the area had any other refurbished D1s.... and heavens forbid you get a new D1!!!) so I had to wait until I got home three days later. Which by the way the "new" (refurbshed) phone which was sent overnight was still not there.

So yes, enough complaining will get you somewhere. But just a few hints: be polite/ but firm, always ask for a manager (and their boss, and their boss, etc...), be patient (take your time and wear them down), and always (always) get the name and employee # of who you spoke to and take accurate notes of what they said/promised.

Good luck.

Eric

Detonation

Reaction score
You have 30 days to replace your refurb on warranty, If give it about 25 days before you complain... but thats just me.

The warranty policy on replacements is 90 days (not 30) or your original 1 year warranty date, whichever is longer.

I would take your phone into the store and ask for another replacement. Shouldn't matter what the phone model is, at the end of the day, you deserve a working, "like new" device.