Sooo, what's in the works?

mcp770

Reaction score
You gotta keep up with the liberty pr machine drod...lol. What's the future of Rubix? Share your vision. What's in the oven......all that jazz.

OP
mcp770

mcp770

Reaction score
I was looking at the cobalt rom (says try Rubix if you don't like it lol) and it had some cool settings screen menu's allowing you to turn off clock in notification bar etc. That would be a cool addition to Rubix. The galaxy power widget would be great.

http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp161/linkinpark4542/cobalt/

Officially tried all the other roms for a few days each. All great in a few unique areas but none were the total package like Rubix. Don't see myself changing anymore unless something with groundbreaking changes hits. Until then thanks for Rubix!

Last edited:

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I was looking at the cobalt rom (says try Rubix if you don't like it lol) and it had some cool settings screen menu's allowing you to turn off clock in notification bar etc. That would be a cool addition to Rubix. The galaxy power widget would be great.

cobalt pictures by linkinpark4542 - Photobucket

Officially tried all the other roms for a few days each. All great in a few unique areas but none were the total package like Rubix. Don't see myself changing anymore unless something with groundbreaking changes hits. Until then thanks for Rubix!

Power widget has been tried and failed numerous times. Those options are so easily available because Cobalt is built from source. Phoenix rom will have all of these features and more.

rubiX is still alive, just going in a way different direction. I'm not sure whats in store, nor when a release will be.

sruel3216

Reaction score

cobalt pictures by linkinpark4542 - Photobucket

Power widget has been tried and failed numerous times. Those options are so easily available because Cobalt is built from source. Phoenix rom will have all of these features and more.

rubiX is still alive, just going in a way different direction. I'm not sure whats in store, nor when a release will be.

is phoenix your next rom?

akiles

Reaction score
Am I the only one that was left wanting more after Drod's post about Rubix going in a "way different direction"?
C'mon Drod, even EA had a teaser floating around for BF3 :)
Sincerely,
Your humble fans.

CHP

Reaction score
Am I the only one that was left wanting more after Drod's post about Rubix going in a "way different direction"?
C'mon Drod, even EA had a teaser floating around for BF3 :)
Sincerely,
Your humble fans.

I completely agree. Sounds interesting.

salem667

Reaction score
True drod... Rubix is the best out there, but ur people are wondering what direction we are going... Keep up the awesome work

Droid X

OP
mcp770

mcp770

Reaction score
I'm at 13 hours of light use and my battery is still 80%. That mixed with being overclocked is outstanding to me. Im in no real hurry to change honestly. Tried every other rom out there in the past month and RubiX has by far been the best in performance and battery life. It may lack the ease of a toolbox or the pre packaged maxed out theme that seems to draw the masses but really is the best rom out there for stability. I see so many people putting up with crappy batteries, reboots, lockups, etc all for a toolbox that does the same thing as a 5 second reboot into recovery to run a zip. Craziness.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I left you guys hanging there... cause honestly I'm not sure :)

An app is in the works, erisch is working on it for us. Haven't heard from him in a while, but last I heard it was going great.

I've mainly been focusing on school work, my girlfriend, and Team Phoenix business as of late.

I have some ideas for kernel tweaking, but I have to have more than 30 minutes of time to sit down and try to build it :)

salem667

Reaction score
Take ur time... Life is more important...
aefd5baa-9abf-991c.jpg

Droid X

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
drod, do you still work on fission?

No. The last thing I contributed to team fission was ideas. Before that, I helped with the reboot mod in power menu, and I built the first, original base for the DX. Since then, it just became impossible to support all the roms I was building. Hell, it still is lmao.