Sooo... im still running Lib2 on .886

pabtheghost

Reaction score
It looks like I’ve missed a few updates. Any advice on what I should do? If I flash back to stock now and update, will I be able to get Liberty back?

Obviously it’s been quite a while since I’ve tinkered, could anyone point me to instructions for what to do?

Thanks,
Pab

edit- okay, i found the info i need to reflash, but when i tried to install the backup file i made before flashing, it said there werent any files in my “backup” folder. im not going to sweat the details on why my backup file mysteriously disappeared, but I’d like to know if I can get a more recent version of the software, or if I have to go back to .886

eye_dea

Reaction score
You can use rsdlite and the 902 fxz to flash directly to the 902 update. 902 is the last official update, but 905 has leaked.

OP
P

pabtheghost

Reaction score
alright, everything has been going along swimmingly. i flashed back to stock and updated up to .902. problem is neither bionic bootstrap, nor clockwork mod’s ROM manager will reboot into recovery mode. ROM manager prompts me with something like “are you sure you want to reboot into clockwork recovery?” and i hit ok, but nothing happens. i tried the “install rom from sd card” option, but that doesnt work either. it only gets as far as letting me select the rom from the SD folder

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
alright, everything has been going along swimmingly. i flashed back to stock and updated up to .902. problem is neither bionic bootstrap, nor clockwork mod’s ROM manager will reboot into recovery mode. ROM manager prompts me with something like “are you sure you want to reboot into clockwork recovery?” and i hit ok, but nothing happens. i tried the “install rom from sd card” option, but that doesnt work either. it only gets as far as letting me select the rom from the SD folder
Are you rooted?

OP
P

pabtheghost

Reaction score
i still have the superuser app in my app tray. that means i must be rooted, right?

guess not. dammit.

OP
P

pabtheghost

Reaction score
yup. i got that already. its just the one that says something like (.902 patch) at the end of the filename, right?

edit- liberty3-2.0gold(.901 patched)

edit2-woah that installed really fast. much faster than the original.

OP
P

pabtheghost

Reaction score
ive always liked liberty. all this trouble i went through was in order to get the newest kernel/radio because i was still having some data drop issues every once in a while. not nearly as bad as it used to be with stock (not sure if rom is even supposed to matter for this, but it sure seems a lot like it.)

battery is pretty amazing (after using battery calibration app)

and then there are lots of other things that are pretty great, but after like six months, ive decided to try eclipse. installing now.

raul4916

Reaction score
Is liberty getting any update soon?
I love it its just it could be so much better