Soon-To-Be Newbie

Gags1892

Reaction score
Screen protector is a must. I just got my Fascinate today (exchanged my D2), and I realize how amazing all the real estate is!

VZW's SP's are solid -- gets the job done for sure. It doesn't cover the ENTIRE front screen, but it covers the touch screen area. I'm very anal about my gadgets, so I was a BIT disappointed it didn't cover the entire front, but it's solid.

Also, I bought the dual case from VZW. It's a silicone-harder material hybrid case, which I love. Silicone is the best phone protector from impact over hard, snap-on cases (which just break off on impact). This case combines the 2 very well.

Enjoy your Fascinate when you get it -- it's really a great device!

Discover

Reaction score
Its definately worth the wait, the first phone I had must have been bad cause I didn't like the phone one bit and was considering taking it back to get a droid 2... I'm glad I didn't cause the new one I got it replaced with is so much faster. You'll really enjoy this phone :)

str8havoc

Reaction score
I'm a hug D1 fan, was rooted and installed Roms or themes once every two weeks. I've had the Fascinate for about 3 weeks now and I'm read to root. I now it's not a Droid which makes me sad but was hoping to find support her at this form.

haven't been able to find a whole lot of info on the Fascinate. I know its been rooted but what about Roms and or themes and were to go for them.

Thanks for any help.

Discover

Reaction score
I'm a hug D1 fan, was rooted and installed Roms or themes once every two weeks. I've had the Fascinate for about 3 weeks now and I'm read to root. I now it's not a Droid which makes me sad but was hoping to find support her at this form.

haven't been able to find a whole lot of info on the Fascinate. I know its been rooted but what about Roms and or themes and were to go for them.

Thanks for any help.

All we have at this point is root and lagfix we need a lag fix because of the horrible file system samsung uses. Other then that we don't have roms yet, but samsung released their source code so we should be seeing something like a cleaned up rom here in the near future.

As for the best place to get roms when they are availible for the fascinate will be on these forums of course :)

Discover

Reaction score
The lag fix now creates a virtual ext2 file system, I have read that people are working on a permanent conversion but that its not currently available.

So yea basiclly you run a fix that lets you run in ext2 versus rfs and this improves I/O performance dramaticly. which is exactly why I'm waiting for a stock custom google 2.2 rom to come out for this phone.

Try the fix if you don't like it there are ways to remove it, but its like a whole new phone with lagfix :)