Soon to be Charge owner

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by L0ckett, Jul 1, 2011.

1. L0ckett

L0ckett Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently a D2G user and I am fairly happy with the phone, especially now that it's rooted. I'm always reading up on the latest phones and whatnot and was briefly reading some info on the Charge. Well earlier today I was browsing on Craigslist to see what some people were selling their Charge's for and came across a guy who wants to trade his Charge for a D2G straight up. So I immediately called and talked with him for quite awhile and I am meeting up tomorrow to swap phones. I definitely am not losing anything since I have a backup D2G that I use to test new roms so in case something goes wrong or I dislike the phone I can always swap back to my global. Now for a few questions: Is there anything negative that I should be concerned about with the Charge? How is battery life compared to other android phones? And lastly since I am swapping him my rooted phone, do I need to unroot my phone so Verizon can activate it or do they not care if it's rooted? Thanks in advance!

2. Xerrus

Xerrus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my Charge 2 days ago, I came from the Droid X. The battery life is horrible compared to my DX. When I wake up in the morning and unplug it from the charger (around 11am) ,get ready for the day, make a phone call to the fiancée for twenty mins and then go to work with it off in my pocket @ 2 pm, it's already down to 66%.

As for rooting I'd recommended going back to stock before giving it to him, Verizon does NOT look kindly upon the rooting process, in fact it voids the warranty completely if you bring them a rooted device.

Sent from my Droid Charge

3. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love my charge. Battery life can be a bit rough, but I usually have a charger around me or something. Plus you can always get another battery. Otherwise this phone is pretty much amazing. I've had no other problems (except for some wonky bug with YouTube, not sure what to make of that) you're definitely getting the better deal, hope that charge has a clear esn

Sent from my droid charge

4. L0ckett

L0ckett Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im really hoping that im going to like it as much as I keep telling myself I will lol. All I know is its getting rooted right away or something because I am not a fan of the TouchWiz UI. As stated I do have a backup phone in case I decide the charge is not my thing. I was looking at the accessories and found the dock station that comes with an extra battery so that's something I am going to look into.