Soo.... ripped off?

Bunachi

Reaction score
Well I'm sure everyone has heard that 2.2 has been leaked for epic which usually means ota is about a week away. And fascinate users are waiting for a maintenance update that has been said to of been here a long time ago but nothing has happened. Our reception is poor and were on verizon, which really isn't good because that's the best part about verizon. And the bloatware on this phone.... Is garbage.. I don't want to bash on tetris and stuff but compared to the entire movie avatar. I'll pick avatar any day, not to mention they have sims 3 as well. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Googleaddict

Reaction score
This is why I went with a Droid x. If samsung would support their phones I would have gotten the fascinate in a second. But since they don't...I didnnt get it

Jamis0n

Reaction score
It takes time for moat phones to receive the update, for example:
The Droid x had a froyo update that took several months and from what I heard the first update to it actually backfired for a portion if the people who had it. Being Samsung only a few months with the release of the fascinate, you people just need to perservere til it comes out. Quit making topics of unneeded value in on the forum.

8pened!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Last I heard Samsung had put the kibosh on a FroYo update to work on Gingerbread. Don't be surprised if the update is delayed a little longer, but is better than you expected. ;)

Pure rumor, however.

Marklar45

Reaction score
You know I was thinking the other day why dont they just go with the latest build instead of wasting time with incremental updates. Also are they planning on their own lag fix?

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Just converted to a SF from my D1. I couldnt be happier. Well, actually I could--I need the Maintenance update that is suppose to be out this month because those are 3 things that do bother me. As long as that is here this month, I am a happy camper. There really isnt much I miss about 2.2 other than Chrome2phone. And did anyone read the article today from one of the blogs that Samsung phones will be the first to get 2.3? Does that mean no Froyo??? sure hope so.... But then how is the Epic 4G getting Froyo then?

edit: If you do not wish to root and don't like to add third party launchers liek ADW or Launcher Pro, then I can see why one might be tunred away from this phone... my Bloatware is gone--and TouchWiz is minimal. I have no lag.

celtlion

Reaction score
I originally had the Fascinate but as my 30 day switch-out option was near I went with the Droid X instead with an extended life battery and couldn't be happier since the same old problems still haven't been resolved months later.

Reliable GPS is critical for me and sound quality/good reception are must-haves as I have no landline to fall back on at home.

I feel for you guys and truly hope they fix these issues when the update comes out. I really liked the Fascinate so it's too bad Samsung and Verizon have drug their heels on fixing these problems. My time is valuable and I didn't feel like wasting it doing workarounds with root kits, GPS add-ons and halfway solutions like NoLED just to get the phone working properly...that's the manufacturer/service provider's problem to solve, not mine.

Last edited:

Christoph3r

Reaction score
...My time is valuable and I didn't feel like wasting it doing workarounds with root kits, GPS add-ons and halfway solutions like NoLED just to get the phone working properly...that's the manufacturer/service provider's problem to solve, not mine.
Totally right! "Rooting" should be something they do for you at the Verizon store if you ask them to, something for geeks who want control, not something to fix problems of give us choices we should already have - let us friggen choose if we want Bing or not, don't shove a tube down our throats and force feed us!

I love how SLEEK this phone is, no lumps or bumps, smooth, thin, light, but still powerful and the battery lasts all day.

Hehe, I'll have a big grin if Fascinate gets 2.3 before the other 'droids :) :icon_ banana:

OP
B

Bunachi

Reaction score
Well I'm hoping we get 2.3, whether we get it first or on the same day as other droids is uncertain but it would be quite a pick me up if we got the maintenance for gps and reception issues and the jit compiler from froyo. Also I do agree the bloatware is garbage and I hate bing.. The more you use it the more it force closes. And for us not to have a choice truly sucks but when froyo or 2.3 come we get google search without having to root and install launcher or adw. Maybe samsung had been planning a very merry christmas for fascinate users. I do love this phone though. The screen is brilliant the phone and sms apps in my opinion slaughter motorola's, I had the droid x for about a month. And it got old. I personally love touch wiz and I hope they continue to add to it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

grenade01

Reaction score
"2.2 has been leaked for epic which usually means ota is about a week away"

Froyo was leaked for X for months before the OTA came.

On another note I went through six X's before trading for a fascinate.
2 with resetting problems, 1 with a broken screen, 2 with broken crackley speakers (one of which reset a couple times also so problem had that problem as well) and one that didnt charge correctly / froze when charging over USB.

So..... I have to say...maybe the GPS sucks on it for now, but I'll gladly deal with it for a phone that works.

Furthermore... Droidx got almost NO updates before froyo...
I notice this fascinate already has most of the updates my droidX got all at once with froyo (minus flash and apps2 sd)

Id much rather have the incremental updates than the version # 2.2 in my about phone tab.

after that droid x nightmare, im extremely satisfied