Soo.... ripped off?

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by Bunachi, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Bunachi

Bunachi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'm sure everyone has heard that 2.2 has been leaked for epic which usually means ota is about a week away. And fascinate users are waiting for a maintenance update that has been said to of been here a long time ago but nothing has happened. Our reception is poor and were on verizon, which really isn't good because that's the best part about verizon. And the bloatware on this phone.... Is garbage.. I don't want to bash on tetris and stuff but compared to the entire movie avatar. I'll pick avatar any day, not to mention they have sims 3 as well. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

2. Marklar45

Marklar45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure whats going on here but I like garrysmod.

3. Googleaddict

Googleaddict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is why I went with a Droid x. If samsung would support their phones I would have gotten the fascinate in a second. But since they don't...I didnnt get it

4. freeformlaw

freeformlaw Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i agree there is no reason for samsung to treat us like crap and they are.

5. Jamis0n

Jamis0n Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It takes time for moat phones to receive the update, for example:
    The Droid x had a froyo update that took several months and from what I heard the first update to it actually backfired for a portion if the people who had it. Being Samsung only a few months with the release of the fascinate, you people just need to perservere til it comes out. Quit making topics of unneeded value in on the forum.

8pened!

6. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Last I heard Samsung had put the kibosh on a FroYo update to work on Gingerbread. Don't be surprised if the update is delayed a little longer, but is better than you expected. ;)

Pure rumor, however.

7. Marklar45

Marklar45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know I was thinking the other day why dont they just go with the latest build instead of wasting time with incremental updates. Also are they planning on their own lag fix?

8. Sinster

Sinster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Way too much bloatware for my liking.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

9. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just converted to a SF from my D1. I couldnt be happier. Well, actually I could--I need the Maintenance update that is suppose to be out this month because those are 3 things that do bother me. As long as that is here this month, I am a happy camper. There really isnt much I miss about 2.2 other than Chrome2phone. And did anyone read the article today from one of the blogs that Samsung phones will be the first to get 2.3? Does that mean no Froyo??? sure hope so.... But then how is the Epic 4G getting Froyo then?

edit: If you do not wish to root and don't like to add third party launchers liek ADW or Launcher Pro, then I can see why one might be tunred away from this phone... my Bloatware is gone--and TouchWiz is minimal. I have no lag.

10. celtlion

celtlion New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I originally had the Fascinate but as my 30 day switch-out option was near I went with the Droid X instead with an extended life battery and couldn't be happier since the same old problems still haven't been resolved months later.

Reliable GPS is critical for me and sound quality/good reception are must-haves as I have no landline to fall back on at home.

I feel for you guys and truly hope they fix these issues when the update comes out. I really liked the Fascinate so it's too bad Samsung and Verizon have drug their heels on fixing these problems. My time is valuable and I didn't feel like wasting it doing workarounds with root kits, GPS add-ons and halfway solutions like NoLED just to get the phone working properly...that's the manufacturer/service provider's problem to solve, not mine.

#10 celtlion, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  11. Christoph3r

Christoph3r New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Totally right! "Rooting" should be something they do for you at the Verizon store if you ask them to, something for geeks who want control, not something to fix problems of give us choices we should already have - let us friggen choose if we want Bing or not, don't shove a tube down our throats and force feed us!

I love how SLEEK this phone is, no lumps or bumps, smooth, thin, light, but still powerful and the battery lasts all day.

Hehe, I'll have a big grin if Fascinate gets 2.3 before the other 'droids :) :icon_ banana:

12. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Rooted or stock? Because if rooted counts, you aren't going to be smiling. :)