Sony's X900C 4K TV is a Solid Justification for Android TV

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
KD-65X900C-1200-80.jpg

The folks at Engadget took the new Sony X900C 4K TV for a spin and came away impressed with its thinness and its Android TV capabilities. Their review makes a convincing argument for owning an Android TV capable device. They describe the device as easy to setup, and that includes setting up a Bluetooth keyboard to work with the TV. All of your existing Google Play services are instantly accessible just by signing in with the device.

The editor also liked the Android TV user interface and found it easy to use. He was quickly able to access all of his streaming content like Netflix, Hulu and HBO Now as well as games and more. Casting with the TV is obviously a breeze, as is the Google Now voice recognition. You can even use the voice search as a voice command for the TV, which the author said was even handier than using the remote directly.

Of course, the user experience was not without some hiccups, but the author only needed to detail a small few, like casting content from a Nexus 7 being finicky and having some video issues. Despite these minor problems, he was able to get everything working smoothly again.

The only other quibble with the device is its expensive MRSP of $2,400 USD. The author shared that the X900C TV can be found online for much less... ranging from $1200 - $1800, so bargain hunters should be on the lookout. Feel free to check out the full writeup for more info. If you are looking for a high quality 4K TV and are interested in Android TV features, this could be the perfect set to jump on.

There's a video ad of the Sony X900C 4K TV in the thread below.

Reactions: cr6
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's that Sony X900C 4K TV video ad:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love my 2012 55" Bravia... so much so that I plan to stick with sony, I'm definitely thinking about getting this TV the prices I'm seeing online match what I paid for my current TV in 2012