Sony's Credit Rating Now Downgraded by Moody's to One Step Above Junk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
bluray is on the way out. only thing sony has going for it is motion pictures.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Bye bye, Sony.

I stopped buying your hardware due to your proprietary shenanigans. Then, 8 years ago, you doped your CDs to secretly install DRM rootkits that disabled a PCs ability to copy music THAT WAS PURCHASED.

I haven't purchased anything with your name on the front of it since. I even passed on your sweet NEX-5 camera and purchased a Canon mirrorless instead just last month.

Oh well... haven't missed you for almost a decade now, Sony.

sharperr

Reaction score
We are all winning in this currentcompetitive mobile device market.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

I bought a player for $300 when they first came out, it's been collecting dust for past year together with dvd and vhs players. Who needs a player when you can insta stream anything over the net?

Want a movie? Download it. I only see it being useful for people without internet or on dialup but those are going the way of dinosaurs together with bluray players.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
In bought a player for $300 when they first came out, it's been collecting dust for past year together with dvd and vhs players. Who needs a player when you can insta stream anything over the net?

Want a movie? Download it. I only see it being useful for people without internet or on dialup but those are going the way of dinosaurs together with bluray players.

Kinda funny I don't even know if my iPod is even charged. Pod costs, music, video all works perfectly on my phone I can now 'give the finger' to iTunes.

I've come late to streaming but it's great. My last trip to Tahoe we streamed Pandora both ways!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Who needs a player when you can insta stream anything over the net?

There's probably some truth to this statement, although I'd much rather watch a bluray disc on my PS3 than stream the same movie via Netflix. The picture quality difference between the two is night and day, and ISP's are already *****ing about how much bandwidth streaming services such as Hulu and Netflix are chewing through. I personally don't believe bluray will be going anywhere anytime soon.

LocoRon

Reaction score
I've come late to streaming but it's great. My last trip to Tahoe we streamed Pandora both ways!

Same here (subscribed to Rdio just last month); really glad I held onto my unlimited data plan! I can finally start putting it to use (without resorting to tethering). dancedroid

As for streaming video vs bluray, I'm with trestevenson on this one. Blurays have better picture quality, no need to worry about network issues, no need to worry about whether the streaming company will lose the license before you want to watch a particular movie (or maybe whether they have the license, and thus the movie, at all). Not to mention all the extra features that come on blurays. I just use Amazon Prime's Instant Videos, so the selection probably isn't as good as Netflix's; either way, I think of streaming as a good way of finding something new on the spur of the moment, but for things that I actually care about, bluray is the way to go.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
just about everything. remember how many times in the news you heard about sony getting hacked, over and over? or the fact that their phones aren't even a competitor in the most growing field. or that the online streaming is killing their bluray monopoly. or that all their gadgets use memory sticks instead of sd/microsd? their cameras can't compete with nikon/canon. their tvs are overpriced junk when once they were a pinnacle of the field.

the only thing keeping sony alive is movie theaters but disney is knocking on their door.