Sony Xperia Z4 and Z4 Ultra Specs Leaked [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony-logo-big-purple.jpeg

Some new specs were recently leaked which are supposedly for Sony's next flagship devices, the Xperia Z4 and Xperia Z4 Ultra. While the processor won't be "cutting edge" when the phones arrive in stores next year, what they have will still be the "creme of the crop" for the end of 2014. Beyond the CPU, the rest of the device looks primed for premium level status. Here's the breakdown below:

Xperia Z4 -
  • 5.4-inch Quad HD display
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 3420 mAh battery
  • 20.7-megapixel rear camera
  • 4.8-megapixel front-facing camera
  • Android 5.0 Lollipop
Xperia Z4 Ultra -
  • 5.9-inch Quad HD display
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 3420 mAh battery
  • 16-megapixel rear camera
  • 4.8-megapixel front-facing camera
  • Android 5.0 Lollipop
What do you think? Is Sony pulling their punches, or are these devices just as worthy as the last two generations of the Xperia Z line?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Snapdragon 805 and 4gb of ram? I don't see that happening. I would tend to believe the 810 with 4gb more so.

With 5.9" on the table I think that the world is racing towards the biggest and thinnest phone which we have seen ends up bad for the consumer in terms of build quality. I wonder if they will still use glass backs on the Ultra?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Should be interesting to see these devices come to light & hit the market and what changes will come to the specs by release.

pchain

Reaction score
Love my Z3v, but sheesh can't we have a phone for at least a month before I see the next potential iteration/generation of it?!?!!! The honeymoon is over. Boo! LOL

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Rumors and specs I saw last month include an 810 processor...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Love my Z3v, but sheesh can't we have a phone for at least a month before I see the next potential iteration/generation of it?!?!!! The honeymoon is over. Boo! LOL

EXACTLY. I am considering the Z3 when my contract is up in 5 weeks. 5 weeks. This JUST came to Verizon what... 6 weeks ago?? Now we are ALREADY hearing about the replacement for it?
Way to scare me out of getting a Sony.... Sony.

pchain

Reaction score
This is the nature of technology these days... the next generation is already in the works. But really, the Z3v is such a solid phone, and if you want a Sony on Verizon, we probably wouldn't see another for at least a year.

And in all reality, these phones are getting to the point where differences in generations are getting smaller and smaller from a real world users perception.

I really am completely happy with the Z3v - the best phone with the best battery I've ever had.

mach330

Reaction score
Please vzw doubt screw this up. Don't change anything. Then maybe I'll jump to sony.

Tap'd via Note 4...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I was going to pick up a Z3 maybe wait a little.. Right around the corner..

M8 tap'd

bigdad1963

Reaction score
Some random thoughts:
-I wonder why they would "downgrade" the Ultra to 16mp on the rear camera
-the Verizon z3v has some really nice dual front facing speakers, so hopefully those are included (unlike the note 4's horribly placed single rear speaker)
-OIS and better low-light capture would be great pluses
-96gb storage is my minimum acceptable (after a failed attempt to slim down to see if I could live with the Nexus 6, I only got down to 60gb on my Note 3)
-this Ultra, so far, is the only thing I've seen that could get my upgrade dollars

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The camera downgrade might have to do with their new beast mode lens that is coming out.