1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Sony Xperia Z Planned to Get Bumped to Android 4.2 'Shortly After Launch'

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 17, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Even though the new Sony's new flagship, the Xperia Z, that recently made waves at CES, will come out of the box with Android 4.1/Jelly Bean, it seems that Sony has already worked out the kinks to bring Android 4.2 to the device. According to their latest statement, Sony plans to release Android 4.2 for the device shortly after launch. Here's a quote from them,

Although "shortly after launch" is still a little vague, it's still appreciated to see that Sony is planning to launch it ASAP. As has been the new standard from the company over the last year, they are continuing to prove they intend to support the Android ecosystem and developers with regular and fast updates.

Source: AndroidCentral
  2. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

We'll see if this comes to Verizon just how fast this update will actually be released. The specs of the phone are very nice. I wish they'd have included an IR emitter (it would be SOOOO easy for them to), to allow it to act as the remote control for all my home devices. I am impressed with the look of the phone. I just want to feel it in my hands to see if it is as pleasing to the touch!
  3. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Considering how long 4.2 has been out, you think it'd be ready at launch.