Sony Won't Reveal the Xperia Z4 at MWC; Plans to Slow Down Smartphone Releases

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sony-Logo-near-floor.jpg

It looks like Sony is really rethinking their mobile strategy. According to the latest report, Sony will not debut their next flagship, the Xperia Z4 at Mobile World Congress 2015 as previously thought. Apparently, they plan to slow down the frequency and variety of mobile products they launch. Supposedly, they plan to wait until later this summer to reveal the Xperia Z4.

This big shift seems like a wise move for the beleaguered tech titan. They have taken a beating from nearly all sides over the past few years, and especially in the mobile sector. Perhaps a fresh approach and a renewed focus on core products is what they need, instead of spamming a multitude of new devices as quickly as possible. This strategy seems to work for Apple.

Of course, it's also possible that this report will turn out to be false, so take it with a grain of salt for now. What do you guys think?

Source: Phandroid

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
They don't have a choice. They are going broke. This is something Samsung should consider.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They don't have a choice. They are going broke. This is something Samsung should consider.
Right? I thought they said they were going to back off a bit. Now we're seeing rumors of multiple variants of flagships (With and without curved edges, etc).

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think right now.. Sony is in a state of Flux.. And they aren't quite sure of what they're doing from one day to the next..
How it appears to me anyhow..

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Right? I thought they said they were going to back off a bit. Now we're seeing rumors of multiple variants of flagships (With and without curved edges, etc).

Samsung should limit their phone releases to twice a year. One for the S and Note series (together) and one for the mid and low range seriess (together). Or just combine them all into one massive reveal. March is good for me Lol