Sony Vows to Create Competitive Flagship Phone to the SGS3 and iPhone 5

52brandon

Reaction score
I've always liked Sony. Always thought they made quality electronics. But to just now vow to make a competitor to phones that came out a month + ago is silly. By the time it comes out, it will be ancient. How did they get so behind the times? They used to be bleeding edge, all the way to the PS3, and even the Vida now. It's an amazing device although it didn't exactly get the sales and respect I think it deserved. Would love to see them release something that competes with the top of the crop from the other MFRs once they release their next generation stuff

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
rugged? i didn't read anything about it being rugged... dust and water "resistant" isn't really rugged by any stretch Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
IP57 Certification indicates it will be able to be submerged in water up to 1 meter (3 feet) for 30 minutes..thats far more rugged than any other android smartphone by any stretch..again its just said it might be. if its not true i have no use for this phone.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
IP57 Certification indicates it will be able to be submerged in water up to 1 meter (3 feet) for 30 minutes..thats far more rugged than any other android smartphone by any stretch..again its just said it might be. if its not true i have no use for this phone.

if its water "proof" upto 3 feet then it should be noted... water "resistant" is like the razr line... which is more splash resistant than anything... they should make a flagship like the commando.. that would be cool

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
if its water "proof" upto 3 feet then it should be noted... water "resistant" is like the razr line... which is more splash resistant than anything... they should make a flagship like the commando.. that would be cool

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

It is noted when it says it could possibly be IP57 certified. I'm hoping for that to be a true rumor. Sony is really the only high end android phone maker that's incorporating any kind of water resistance where they can be completely submerged. Wish the acro S was released here!