Sony PSP 3G access via droid????

eciracing

Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the forums. Thanks for having me. My question is this. Is there a way to use my Motorola Droid as a 3G modem for my Sony PSP? So basically I could connect to the internet (and Playstation Network) on my PSP using my Droid. Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for your help.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes this possible but you have to root your Droid and get the Wifi Tethering app...

And welcome to the forum!

OP
E

eciracing

Reaction score
Yes this possible but you have to root your Droid and get the Wifi Tethering app...

And welcome to the forum!

Forgive my noobishness, but what does it mean to "root" the droid? I've seen the term thrown around here quite a bit, but don't really know what it means. Thanks.

thorn11166

Reaction score
okay i tried this on a friends PSP Go today and it would never find my phone, what does our droids put out, B? G? B/G?
the psp only does B... which sucks
so if anyone else can give this a go then please do

kaboyd

Reaction score
I've not had any luck getting my PS3 to recognize my phone for tether capabilities. I read a thread about a month ago that said you could not directly tether a PS3 because of a hardware issue, but I can't remember the exact reason. I would love to know how to do this

demon69120

Reaction score
Going to assume this is all because the tether outputs something other than B. B is old school, that's why PSP's internet is slow!

ezekiel2000

Reaction score
Even with root and wireless tether, your PSP and PS3 will not be able to connect to your phone. Not going to happen. No way around it has been figured out yet.

droidilac

Reaction score
The droid outs out an ad hoc network. Not recognizable by PSP or PS3....

I thought I read somewhere that you could "share" the internet going through your computer by connecting an ethernet cable to the PS3 (I know I know you asked about a PSP) and messing with your network settings.

thorn11166

Reaction score
i just checked the motorola site and says we have B so i guess the problem is with the Wireless Tether App, maybe its just putting out G which would make sense since everything in the world basically except the psp uses G or greater