Sony Posts a Verizon Xperia Z2 Image on Google+

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon_xperia_z2_google_plus_post.png

Okay... just, WOW! How many times have members on this very forum expressed that they would love to see the Sony Xperia Z products come to Verizon? Well, apparently wishes sometimes do come true. As you can see in the above pic, a Verizon version of the Sony Xperia Z2 is in the works. Furthermore, this isn't some web-troll's photoshop hack job either. This was posted by Sony themselves on their Google+ page.

We heard a few tidbits of intel a few weeks ago regarding the device possibly coming to Verizon, but we laughed it off. It looks like Sony and Big Red will have the last laugh though. Obviously, this is as close to an official announcement as you can get, but there is still a great lack of information. We have no clue as to when this mythical launch event might occur, and we also have no idea of pricing. All we can do at this point is rejoice that Sony's amazing flagship will be coming to the U.S., and the fact that it will be on the very last carrier we would expect is simply gravy on top!

Finally though, we have to also share that the image has since been taken down. This could mean it was placed prematurely, or it could mean it was some cruel hoax by an out-going ex-Sony marketing exec. The later seems pretty unlikely, so we will cross our fingers for the former.

Source: TalkAndroid & Google+ - Sony

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I feel like I've been waiting for Sony to release a phone on Verizon for years! Now I'm anxious to find out more about it! My Galaxy Nexus is showing its age more and more these days, and this could possibly be the device I replace it with.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I guess I can now believe that source that told me last month don't worry you will see it at Verizon ..haha
So many choices if this is true ..

N3 tap

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Let's just say that the rumor that the Nexus 5 will belatedly be picked up by Verizon is also true... I'd have a hard time choosing.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
YES! Hopefully it'll be easy to remove that Verizon logo off the phone. ;)

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
This better be true, if it's a hoax i will find the perpetrator of this and use every amount of my Italian heritage to make them suffer til their last breath.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My sister just got the Sony on Tmobile. She LOVES it and she's not very "techy".