Sony MBR-100 Bluetooth music receiver

jdubbs23

Reaction score
So has anyone used this?

I'm thinking of getting it and connecting it to the AUX input on my car. I'd really love to find a short right angle male-male 3.5mm cable so that the MBR-100 could sit plugged into the AUX input without a long cable running about the car.

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
Im lookin in to getting 1 too....I have heard a lot of people talkin the bb is better but for what reasons i dont no.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
? why?? The Droid has a 3.5mm audio jack... so why bother to connect to this device via blue-tooth (an increase your battery drain) only to plug that this into your your car stereo?? just plug the phone in directly.... a 6' 3.5mm cable is $5 at the store... am I missing something?

cranky

Reaction score
I have both the MBR-100 and the BB remote stereo gateway. The MBR-100 has good sound quality for bluetooth, but to my ears the BB sounds better. The MBR-100 has to be charged about every 5 hours (with a proprietary Sony Ericsson charger), while the BB does not have a battery and needs a mini USB power connection. The only problem I've had with the MBR-100 is that I have to reconnect it after taking a call.

Having to charge the MBR-100 is why I use it around the house (put the droid on a shelf and out of harms way, with my ear buds connected to the MBR-100 in my pocket) and not in the car since I always forget to charge stuff in my car. I have the BB in the ash tray of my car and it's wired for power and aux behind the dash. No worries about running out of juice and after I turn it on I close the ash tray and stream pandora without a wire to be seen.

jdubbs23

Reaction score
I have both the MBR-100 and the BB remote stereo gateway. The MBR-100 has good sound quality for bluetooth, but to my ears the BB sounds better. The MBR-100 has to be charged about every 5 hours (with a proprietary Sony Ericsson charger), while the BB does not have a battery and needs a mini USB power connection. The only problem I've had with the MBR-100 is that I have to reconnect it after taking a call.

Having to charge the MBR-100 is why I use it around the house (put the droid on a shelf and out of harms way, with my ear buds connected to the MBR-100 in my pocket) and not in the car since I always forget to charge stuff in my car. I have the BB in the ash tray of my car and it's wired for power and aux behind the dash. No worries about running out of juice and after I turn it on I close the ash tray and stream pandora without a wire to be seen.

How do you have the BB wired for power and aux behind the dash?

Jeremy556

Reaction score
? why?? The Droid has a 3.5mm audio jack... so why bother to connect to this device via blue-tooth (an increase your battery drain) only to plug that this into your your car stereo?? just plug the phone in directly.... a 6' 3.5mm cable is $5 at the store... am I missing something?

Less wires to connect.

cranky

Reaction score

How do you have the BB wired for power and aux behind the dash?

I have an aftermarket aux jack (by USA Spec) that plugs into the the aux port on my stereo (stock ac delco) and I put that way back under my dash so you can't see it and I have two accessory power jacks under the dash on the passenger side which I plugged into, you can see that, but it's minimal and I can't see it at all from the driver's side. The wires run out the back of the ash tray to connect to everything.

Last edited:

sheriffwoody

Reaction score
That BB gateway looks really cool! If I wired it into key on power (cigarette lighter), does it loose its pairing??? Or do you have to hook this device up to always hot battery power? And if this is the case, i wonder how much power it draws and whether it will drain the battery?
I see it has a touch on/off button, does it auto turn off after you leave the car with your phone???
Does this device also send droid speakerphone to the car stereo???