Sony is Rolling Out Android 5.1 Lollipop to the Xperia Z2 and Z3 Devices

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony-xperia-z2-and-z3.jpg

Here is exciting news for owners of older Sony Xperia products. The company began rolling out Android 5.1 Lollipop to several phones and tablets in the Xperia Z2 and Z3 line. This update specifically includes Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet. Here's a breakdown of the tweaks included in their update:
  • Increased customization options – so you have even more control over the way volume, silent modes and your alerts function
  • Brand new LinkedIn integration – be more productive with intuitive contact synchronisation in your Calendar
  • Camera improvements – with faster, more accurate Superior Auto Mode focus for great images, regardless of conditions
  • Enhanced enterprise support – with our latest Xperia in Business features for work
  • SmartWear integration – selfie snapping made that bit easier, with SmartWatch 3 as a remote shutter button
Sound off and let us know if you own one of these devices!

Source: AndroidAuthority

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Cool. Now, let's see how long it takes T-Mobile to release this update.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Let's get some Z3+ love too! although I'd probably have sold mine before it makes to update..

Tapped by NexusSix

xratablancax

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 no root :(
@wicked my z3v still running under 4.4 Verizon never released 5.0 :-/ oh well I don't mind it, I have root that's all I care about haha

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
@wicked my z3v still running under 4.4 Verizon never released 5.0 :-/ oh well I don't mind it, I have root that's all I care about haha
Yeah, 4.4 ran smooth on my Z3 when it had it and didn't mind it at all. But definitely must have root! :D