Sony is Planning to Bring the Entire Xperia X Series to the United States

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony-xperia-x-line.png

This summer will be the year of Sony mobile in the US. The Japanese tech titan has shared their plans to bring the entire Xperia X Series of smartphones here. This means all the devices they announced at MWC this year will hit U.S. retail stores, including the: Xperia XA, Xperia X, and Xperia X Performance.

Supposedly the devices will launch by July, with different launch dates for the various devices. Here's a breakdown of the details with dates,
  • Xperia X = prices start at $549.99 and shipping on June 26.
  • Xperia XA = prices start at $279.99 and shipping on July 17.
  • Xperia X Performance = prices start at $699.99 and shipping on July 17.
  • Xperia XA Ultra = prices start at $369.99 and shipping July 24th.
It looks like Sony is focusing primarily on selling the devices unlocked through retailers (although we wouldn't be surprised if they sold through carriers too). The units will be available unlocked through Sony’s own stores, Amazon, Best Buy, and B&H Photo Video. Below is a PR video for the Xperia X line.

Here's our dedicated section for further discussions on the Sony Xperia line: Sony Xperia X Series Smartphones

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
They need to cut this 2 days battery bs before someone files a class action law suit.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it too late for Sony?

Maybe not as we are seeing Huawei try and move to that 3 spot behind Samsung and LG.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it too late for Sony?

Maybe not as we are seeing Huawei try and move to that 3 spot behind Samsung and LG.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't think it's too late for any company to come into the mix. But they will need to bring their A game because or maybe even B game because much else and they will get a reputation they might not be able to recover from.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Unfortunately....
I was looking on Verizons website earlier @Ricochr77 . Sigh.....freakin vzw!
But...as the OP points out, you can still grab one unlocked straight from Sony or third party retailer. I've always been a fan of Sony products and would love to give one of their flagships a try.

S5 tap'n

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
Unfortunately....
I was looking on Verizons website earlier @Ricochr77 . Sigh.....freakin vzw!
But...as the OP points out, you can still grab one unlocked straight from Sony or third party retailer. I've always been a fan of Sony products and would love to give one of their flagships a try.

S5 tap'n
If i understand it correctly while unlocked you still can't use the 4G LTE am i right? I'd be all over it full price or not if i could get it.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Hmmm....that's interesting, I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to look into it further, unless someone else knows right off hand.

S5 tap'n