Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Officially Coming to Verizon - Probably in 3 Months

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony-ericsson-dk300.jpg

Sources indicate that the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (a.k.a. "The Playstation Phone"), will officially be coming to Verizon. Furthermore, Sony Ericsson's own website states that the phone will be coming in 3 months.

Strangely, other reports suggest that the phone will be released on March 29th. Apparently, it will also be released at the same time as a multimedia dock called the DK300 which will be an optional accessory for it. This dock allows you to turn the phone into a makeshift alarm clock and connect the phone to your home stereo system.

The reality is that it will probably be released in other parts of the world before it comes to Verizon in the States, or perhaps that's backwards and Verizon will get it first. We will keep you informed. The other question is, are any of you guys excited about this phone? Does it look intriguing or do you think it's just a "gimmick"?

Source: Phonearena via Sony Ericsson

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
I'm excited, basically the only thing I use my Droid's keyboard for is emulators so getting a real d-pad and buttons will be nice. It is about time they started seriously integrating mobile gaming with smartphones seeing as how phones are getting so powerful these days and who really wants to carry a PSP in addition to their smartphone.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just another reason I keep arguing for detachable keyboards. Then if you want, you can swap out your QWERTY keyboard with the PS gamepad.

I can't believe we haven't seen this yet. The tech has been there for a while, unless maybe Android still doesn't properly support connecting a BT keyboard.

knighthonor

Reaction score
Problem I have with getting this is the specs;\\

no dual core, none of the other cool features the IP5 and newer Androids will have.

Also I like my DX size screen ;)

But maybe if Sony does some better specs, I would take a try with it. Else, it seems like a waist of money, specially when you can get the NGP and a new generation Android to handle those two task

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Will COD be brought to this platform?? i have 11days of my life been wasted on Black Ops.. i cant even believe that.. it doesnt get old.

knighthonor

Reaction score
Will COD be brought to this platform?? i have 11days of my life been wasted on Black Ops.. i cant even believe that.. it doesnt get old.

may be wrong, but I believe the sony phone will play PS1 games. I believe COD came out on the PS2 age. may be wrong tho.

Natejka7273

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Can't current droids play ps1 games already?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but they don't have a d-pad and game buttons which are helpful. Otherwise, to me though, this phone looks underpowered compared to others.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
PS1 games?? No CoD... i think im passing on this one..

Well since psp2 aka NGP will have the ability to somehow play ported Ps3 games on it im sure with an update or hack, the PBS phone will also have that ability

Sent from my DROID2

NeoLogic

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Yes, but they don't have a d-pad and game buttons which are helpful. Otherwise, to me though, this phone looks underpowered compared to others.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's underpowered alright. It only has a crappy Adrino 205 GPU, and the QSD8255. Dude, you are officially delusional. That phone will run circles around your phone... Sitting down.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

knighthonor

Reaction score
Yes, but they don't have a d-pad and game buttons which are helpful. Otherwise, to me though, this phone looks underpowered compared to others.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's underpowered alright. It only has a crappy Adrino 205 GPU, and the QSD8255. Dude, you are officially delusional. That phone will run circles around your phone... Sitting down.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

No Dual Core processor. Small screen.

maybe wrong ofc. But anybody have specs?
I searched
Sony Ericsson Xperia

this correct name?