Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
XZQAn2u.png

Sony announced that it has gone back to the drawing board and “re-imagined” the Xperia brand and the first fruits of this endeavor are the new “X” series smartphones during MWC 2016. The Xperia X Performance, Xperia X, and Xperia XA.

The entry-level device is the XA, with a MediaTek MT6755 processor rather than a Snapdragon chip. With a 720p display and 16GB storage, Sony’s description of it as a “super mid-range” device with 2GB RAM and 13MP/8MP cameras.

The Xperia X gets much better specs and should make photography fans happy. It boasts a Snapdragon 650 processor with 3GB of RAM plus 32GB of storage with a 5-inch 1080p screen, but the standout element here is the camera combo. The X gets the same 23MP rear camera as in the Z5 (though with improved firmware) and a 13MP front camera Sony says offers 6400ISO for ultra-capable low-light performance – and a new predictive auto-focus that can track a moving object in the frame.

Last but not least is the Xperia X Performance, which swaps out the Snapdragon 650 for Qualcomm’s top-end Snapdragon 820 chip. Sony claims two-day battery-life for all three models.

Additionally, Sony announced its Xperia Ear accessory. The device, much like the Moto Hint, is a standalone earpiece that connects to your phone via Bluetooth and allows you to use your voice to send text messages, get directions, check your calendar, and more.

Here's a full breakdown of specs for all 3 devices:

TWizABQ.png

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Xperia XA

Xperia X

Xperia X Performance

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The Sony was on my short list when I was shopping to replace my Razr HD.
Held it in my hand and just couldn't pull the trigger. The Z3V I think it was.
Boxy. Uncomfortable. Didn't like the in hand feel at all.
This looks much nicer...

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I like Sony products as well. I hope they hit a home run in 2016.

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
Sony partners with Qnovo, specializing in the optimization of energy refills and announced that this concert work provides the family Xperia X a better battery life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iphone 6 s achat iphone 6

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Didn't notice the other videos up there. The 2nd one is very good. Camera looks pretty nice and the phone looks fantastic. Take note everyone else: it doesn't have to look like an iPhone to be sexy. Easily the best looking Sony phone ever. ;)

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
Will any of this actually matter for those of us on Verizon?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I doubt there is anybody on Verizon that would even consider anything Sony.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I would totally consider this phone if I was up today. Did I miss something re: VZW?

TapaTurboII

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Xperia on Verizon is running kitkat 4.4.4 while rest of the world is on marshmallow 6.*

Dont get me started on accessories. In fact, phone had a shelf life of 3 months before removed from stores due to end of life cycle.