"Sony Action Cam Mini" Attached to an Eagle Soaring Over Paris is Magnificent!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
In all seriousness though, I knew they would glide, but it seems like it did so forever. Amazing creatures.
Well, given the height the bird did take off from, it didn't need to flap its wings all because it was using gravity do it. Did you see how the wings we're tucked back into a double V formation like a stealth jet plane?

It was basically in a dive formation for most of the flight. Hearing the wind across its body and a cross the camera microphone made it sound like a jet engine. That was pretty awesome.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, given the height the bird did take off from, it didn't need to flap its wings all because it was using gravity do it. Did you see how the wings we're tucked back into a double V formation like a stealth jet plane?

It was basically in a dive formation for most of the flight. Hearing the wind across its body and a cross the camera microphone made it sound like a jet engine. That was pretty awesome.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I watched his wings more than I looked at the view. Haha

Sent from my Note 4

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Makes me envious of birds. What a sensation it must be to fly. Also, sounded like a fighter jet from the wind noise. Awesome!

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah... my choice of the word "wrangled" was simply for poetic effect. This was obviously a trained and happy fowl. :)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah... my choice of the word "wrangled" was simply for poetic effect. This was obviously a trained and happy fowl. :)
Don't mine me. I'm just in a feisty mood today. Had to give you a bit of a hard time for something. ;)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No worries brutha! I am just glad everyone is enjoying the video I found! :D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Nah. Just stay clear of the Talons.
On a bird like an Eagle.. You're going to have a very hard time staying clear of anything.. If the bird wants to taste you... You're going to get it.. 60 lbs of ferocity when they want to be.. Lol..

A 5 lbs macaw is bad enough lol..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
On a bird like an Eagle.. You're going to have a very hard time staying clear of anything.. If the bird wants to taste you... You're going to get it.. 60 lbs of ferocity when they want to be.. Lol..

A 5 lbs macaw is bad enough lol..
I could take him.

Sent from my Note 4

badtoy1986

Reaction score

The above video may be one of the coolest things you will see all week. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to soar like an Eagle? Now you can get the visual sensation thanks to some crafty folks with a GoPro. Somehow they wrangled an Eagle and attached a GoPro to the majestic missile! The above video is several minutes of that flight.

Please be aware...It is NOT the wrong video. You may have to sit through a long Sony video ad before watching the actual video, but you can fast forward through that part to get to the actual Eagle video sooner. Enjoy!

You really should revise the Title. I do believe it is a Sony Action Cam and not a GoPro.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You really should revise the Title. I do believe it is a Sony Action Cam and not a GoPro.

Yes, I noticed that at first, but lost it once I watched it. Good catch!!

Sony Action Cam Mini, in fact... See revised title and edited content.

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
What amazes me about many birds is, as someone said, is how little they need to flap their wings.
I was a volunteer nest monitor for a few years for the Peregrine Falcons that live in downtown Cleveland (does my handle seem to make a little sense now?... yea... Peregrine was taken... and of course never used).

It's not just gravity, most of it is riding thermals and air currents.

Eagles do have great vision, but the Peregrine has the best avian vision. A Peregrine can actually "telescope" its vision to practically zoom in on a target. And it can do this independently in only one eye if it chooses. And they are the fastest animals on the planet. Our downtown falcon was once clocked at 180MPH in a stoop (dive).

Check out the Peregrine here and the Goshawk flying through the forest: