Sometimes no dial sound??

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Sometimes I'll open my contacts list to dial a number. The dialer will appear but there's no dial sounds. It says "dialing" but I don't know if it is or not. If have to reboot to get the sound back. Any ideas what could cause that?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sometimes I'll open my contacts list to dial a number. The dialer will appear but there's no dial sounds. It says "dialing" but I don't know if it is or not. If have to reboot to get the sound back. Any ideas what could cause that?
You mean when you're actually manually typing in the phone number to call, or when you select a contact to call?

How do you not know if it's dialing? Does it make the call if/when you type the entire number (or select the contact) and press "Send"?

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I don't know that it's dialing. All I know is the "dialing" icon pops up...but there's no sound. I've never let it keep dialing because I don't think I'd be able to hear anything if someone answered. As far as dialing manually, I rarely do that but I don't remember it ever happening while manual dialing.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So you're not sure it's dialing, but you've never let it continue to find out? That's where I'd start.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's the place I'd start. Let us know what the result is & we'll move on from there if we need to.

Sent from my Note 4