Sometimes media files read as unsupported file types

Panamakevin

Reaction score
So I just got my new Droid2 and it having issues reading my MP3's and videos. Not constantly just on occasion and the only way to fix it is to reboot. I have even tried a media scan app to rescan media with no luck.
I get messages like this file type is not supported by this device, when i know mp3s play and they usually do, but every so often i have to reboot...

I don't know what could be causing it but it is a pain having to reboot the phone... never happened with my Droid1...

OP
P

Panamakevin

Reaction score
I found this morning that when my phone stops supporting MP3s, M4Vs and MP4s it also stop playing flash video online (atleast through Skyfire)... I didn't test to see if it would play youtube videos, but I will do that next time it happens...

Is anyone else having these issues?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I'm not having these issues.

I always hate to suggest this, but you can try a factory reset.

You could also take it to a Verizon store and show them the issue.

OP
P

Panamakevin

Reaction score
Yeah... I was hoping to avoid that... but I sent verizon an email and if they come up nothing, then I'll try the factory reset... then go in (cause i know if i go to store all they are going to do is ask me to do a factory reset)

I always ask here first though, because the tech support on this website blows verizons tech support out of the water...

hyunkoon

Reaction score
IT happened to me too.
but it is not always happening.
If you turn you phone and start it again, it would work well until it happens again

OP
P

Panamakevin

Reaction score
IT happened to me too.
but it is not always happening.
If you turn you phone and start it again, it would work well until it happens again

How often does it happen? I've noticed it happening about once or twice a week so far... And having I shouldn't have to turn my phone off and restart it to listen to my music...

newfnose

Reaction score
It happens to me multiple times a day. All media is unavailable until I reboot.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Could it be your SDcard?

Download SDrescan. When the problem occurs, run that and see if it makes it any better.

newfnose

Reaction score
Tried the sd rescan and the problem persists. This will be the 3rd reboot of the day. Called Verizon and they new nothing about it. I told them there was a forum started on Motorolas web page and they were adding this to their known issues problem. Still no fix. I think I am going to try a new sd card for the heck of it. Who knows...

pool_shark

Reaction score
Yeah, the new card can't hurt. I've used two cards so far with no issues at all.

Dankinia

Reaction score
My sister's D2 is having this same problem. It is rather annoying.

Sent from my Droid

TK1121

Reaction score
I have the same problem, at least once a week.. and I got the 32GB card and it still happens.. it seems as if the card slot is faulty, causing the card to disconnect.. a reboot always fixes it..but I can't figure out a pattern, because I never shut my phone off and I don't know if that makes it worse or better. for now keep rebooting!!

newfnose

Reaction score
Ok, tried a new sd card and that wasn't the problem. Called Verizon and they sent out a new phone. I was starting to get excited and made it about 24 hours then the problem popped back up. This is unbelievable! I am going to ask for another phone....again.