Sometimes boots into recovery.

jcebartley

Reaction score
I flashed my Droid X and have the Liberty V.09 Rom working on my phone. Sometimes when I reboot it will reboot into recovery first and I'll have to select the option to go ahead and restart the device. So what I'm saying is that my Droid X after a reboot doesn't always reboot the normal way it should with a logo. Any idea why it does this?

OP
J

jcebartley

Reaction score
I think I figured out the issue. If I have my phone off of the charger and do a reboot it will boot up normally. If I have my phone plugged into a charger and power it down the phone will display the green battery with the percentage on it. If I unplug my phone and power it back on it will go into recovery first and not do a normal boot. As long as I have it unplugged and do a reboot the phone will boot up the proper way without going into recovery first. Is this normal?

toyotaking88

Reaction score
I am also having this problem I wondered if it was Droid x2 bootstrap I am going to try uninstalling bootstrap and see if that fixes it. Or do I need to keep bootstrap even though I have already bootstrapped and installed recovery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
J

jcebartley

Reaction score
I don't have a bootstrapper installed on droid x anymore so I don't think that is why.

Je11yman

Reaction score
I too have the odd recovery reboot issue. It doesn't happen every time, so I haven't worried about it, but now that you mention it I think it happens when I reboot while plugged in. I will have to check.

DanQ

Reaction score
I have this same problem with certain ROMs. Tried various things to get rid of it. It may be something to do with the boot strapper. Curious to see if anyone comes up with any ideas on how to resolve it. I see it most frequently while trying to put certain ROMs on over Froyo (.340).

clueless77

Reaction score
its exactly what was said in second post, when turning phone on with charger plugged up it will boot into recovery

DanQ

Reaction score
Mine does it unplugged as well. But I can always do a flash back to Froyo and recover the ROM that was doing it.

DanQ

Reaction score
Why flash back to froyo, just flash liberty v3.0
Assuming you are on gingerbread
BAD ASS X

I'm working with a SD Beta. I don't know if I've done liberty yet. May have to try that tonight. I've heard good things. Really enjoyed Liquid, but I have SD on my original Droid and like it so much that I'd like to have matching phones. :biggrin:

DanQ

Reaction score
Wait are you on 2.3.340 froyo
Or 4.5.605 gingerbread

BAD ASS X

Right now .340 Froyo with SD X.X installed. Was .602 GB with Liquid 3.1. I've got backups, so I keep switching. Not hoping for any phone calls since I'm at the beach, so I have time lol... :biggrin:

clueless77

Reaction score
You know there's a liquid 3.2 that's ICS themed and then there the new MIUI which is a 2nd init that's using ICS 4.0 OS on the gingerbread kernel which I am running right now

BAD ASS X

DanQ

Reaction score
You know there's a liquid 3.2 that's ICS themed and then there the new MIUI which is a 2nd init that's using ICS 4.0 OS on the gingerbread kernel which I am running right now

BAD ASS X
I added some of the Liquid 3.2 updates and ran into some trouble just before my mini vacation started, so I went back to 3.1 until this evening. Now I'm back in SD X.X running through some beta stuff. It still boots into recovery every other time, but now that my son is asleep I can bring the battery back up to 90% or so and try the process of elimination.

So far with the exception of SD on my Droid, I like Liquid the best, but I'm still comparison shopping and trying to figure out why I'm not smart enough to beat this recovery boot thing. I analyze for a living. Glad my boss isn't a member here :D

clueless77

Reaction score
Lol yeah I'd say so, I can promise if you run MIUI it wont boot into recovery, as there is a process to do so

BAD ASS X