Something wrong with my touch screen?

xythil

Reaction score
Hey Soemthing seems to be messed up with my droid touchscreen.

It keeps messing up. Soemtimes I try to scroll and i zoom in like it thinks im touching in two places.

Other times it freaks out when i touch the screen and starts jumping all over the place

still other times i try to put in my 4 dot code to unlock it and it zooms off in different directions that im not touching and makes it impossible to unlock the phone

what could be casuing it?

xlinth

Reaction score
try cleaning the screen with an alcohol swab. make shure you get the edges good. I've heard of this happening in the past with my g1

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you plugged in when this happens? that's when mine freaks out. It's fine when I'm not.

FoFa

Reaction score
Mine touch screen always freaked when it was laying on it's back, just one of those little quirks.
Learned to raise one end up a little (about 30 degrees) and it was fine. Odd thing, if i was holding flat like it was lying on it's back, it worked fine. Something to do with it laying right on it's back. I did NOT have any case on it however, it was nakkid.

Bambamm

Reaction score
Saturday my screen wouldn't activate at all. Did a factory reset, cleaned and everything, still nothing. Touch screen just wouldn't react to anything. Already got a replacement phone on the way, it'll be here tomorrow, but this was a freak accident.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
what could be casuing it?
Hard to say given your post as there's nothing indicative of a potential cause. Interference with the capacitive screen (charger), moisture and a faulty screen are a few possibilities.

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
My phone started doing this last Saturday night and was attempting to send texts and make phone calls. It wasn't even plugged in...

I went to the Verizon store yesterday since it continues to do this and I have had it in Airplane mode most of the time. They had no replacement droids in stock, so they are sending me one and I should receive it tomorrow.

Just hope it has no scratches or anything as mine is in pristine condition considering I have had it since last October.

Actually, I am hoping they send me a Droid 2... dancedroid

DreadX

Reaction score
Mine too. Just happened a while ago. The bottom quarter of the screen is messed up with what looks likw lines and snow. A soft restart, and a battery pull out has not solved the problem...

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
My phone started doing this last Saturday night and was attempting to send texts and make phone calls. It wasn't even plugged in...

I went to the Verizon store yesterday since it continues to do this and I have had it in Airplane mode most of the time. They had no replacement droids in stock, so they are sending me one and I should receive it tomorrow.

Just hope it has no scratches or anything as mine is in pristine condition considering I have had it since last October.

Actually, I am hoping they send me a Droid 2... dancedroid

After 2 crud replacements I got a Droid 2 coming tomorrow.

DreadX

Reaction score
I don't want to have to do another factory reset .. Can't understand why this happened. The phone works just fine otherwise.. Grrrrr...