Something wrong with my droid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Krish, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Krish

Krish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also posted this on alldroid to see if they can help also.
    It seems as though since trying to update the BB 7.6 rom my droid has been giving me problems where it would keep rebooting at the Motorola symbol. Now it does that for every rom I try. Only ones that work are my BB 7.5 backup and stunning rom 1.0. I want to update to BB 7.8 but gives me the same problem. Could something have gone wrong with the phone?

2. joshua117

joshua117 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    question, did you do a 'wipe' or clean install, or did you keep your data?

3. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Sounds like this one is heading into hacks, ill move it there.

=)

4. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There has to something in your settings (data) that is carrying over into the new installs.

It seems to me that there is some setting that got messed up between those two good back ups and the new installs, that's probably why the old back ups arte working.

If you haven't tried clearing data when you flash I would give that a try. aka I second the first response.

5. Krish

Krish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well i follow petes installation guides, i'v cleaned data and cache before installing the nandroid. It installs like any other. the BB 7.5 worked fine when installing no boots no problems.
    When trying 7.6+ i get problems for some reason. Could me having bunch of nandroid backups in the nandroid folder cause anything? Or the stuff in my SD card. Also if i install the nanroid copy of BB 7.6+ roms then install Taz's kernal onto it, it actually loads up but the wifi gives problems and other stuff. I dont know if that last bit helps you guys see anything that i don't but yea this is what happens.

Edit: iv also did a full factory reset to stock and re rooted added all the mods (busybox, etc) but some how got the same problem. Id stick with taz's kernals but the wifi gives too many problems. But some how i still bench 130s with only 1ghz OC.

#5 Krish, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010