Something wrong with GB or GB kernels

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by mursepaolo, Feb 23, 2011.

1. mursepaolo

mursepaolo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there something inherently wrong on GB or GB kernels? I've been driving the same stretch of highway for a long time now with my droid, but suddenly i've been dropping calls on two new spots whereas I've never dropped any before. I also drop calls randomly now even around my home. Also, I noticed that when I end a call, it would take a long, long time for 3g to come back. Sometimes, I'd have to manually turn off data and turn it back on. WTHAIL?! :blink: Anyone else having any issues that you didn't have with FroYo?

2. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude, make friends with the search function. First off, dial *22891 to update to the latest PRL to see if that fixes your signal issue. Secondly, try Pete's kernel (stickied in this subforum) for the dropped 3G issue. It runs too hot for me but others have had good luck with it. It seems to be the only kernel on any GB rom that doesn't have the 3G drop (or at least it's far less noticeable).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. mursepaolo

mursepaolo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the search function is my friend. i've already done that..... plus i found pete's kernel to be a bit sluggish and was messing with my bluetooth connectivity.

4. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, you'll have to decide if sluggishness and Bluetooth connectivity issues are worth a more consistent 3G signal. I'm using ChevyNo1's updated 1ghz ulv kernel and while I've had no problems with it otherwise, I do occasionally lose 3G, which is remedied either by turning Wifi on and connecting, then turning it back off, turning GPS on, waiting, and turning it back off, or by toggling airplane mode on and off.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

5. juhde

juhde Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3
    My guess is it's a local tower issue since roms and kernels have nothing to do with the CDMA radio, that's handled by the baseband. The 3g radio however is handled by the kernel, try chevyno1 LV 1.2Ghz it solved my 3g issues, but every phone hardware reacts differently to kernels so you might have to shop around.

Cheers!

Sent from my Droid

Search tags for this page

chevy ss 5.2 kernel for droid a855