1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

something strange...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bmb0205, Jun 19, 2010.

1. bmb0205

bmb0205 New Member

After reading that temp monitor does not work on froyo, I began to wonder why I was getting temp notifications with my first froyo install (original leak).

I now realize that I downloaded a 2.1 kernel from P3 (1.2ghz) and used it on froyo, and it actually worked. My temps were at an all time low, my phone never felt hot and it ran great up until recently where there were some minor issues.

I'm actually contemplating trying another 2.1 kernel on froyo....
  2. HarshReality

HarshReality Member

I dont think 2.1 kernels will actually work.. but just for the sake of argument or debate.. which kernel, where did you get it and what kind of temps are we talking about
  3. bmb0205

bmb0205 New Member

Well I know for a fact that I was seeing temperatures in my status bar and was running 2.2. When I updated 2.2 I went to download a p3 kernel again and noticed that I had previously clicked a 2.1 kernel without reading the title correctly.

I believe it was the 1.1ghz kernel but it ended up being 1.2ghz

I would not get above 43 C and that was rare. I tested this by running pandora, texting and browsing an image heavy website pretty intensely