Something SERIOUSLY wrong w/ 0.6.1 battery life

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by bekyndnunwind, Dec 29, 2010.

1. bekyndnunwind

bekyndnunwind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Something SERIOUSLY strange w/ my 0.6.1 battery life ...

1.) When I upgraded from 0.5 to 0.6.1, my battery life went from 20+ hours to ~10...

2.) When my battery gets to 5%, I can still use the phone for hours before it dies . I can even play 50+ minutes of Youtube videos before it will finally shut down.

3.) My phone's charge frequently jumps from 50% to 20%...

Thinking it was a battery calibration issue, I deleted the batterystats.bin file after my phone reached 100% charge, and let it fully discharge before recharging it for a few days now. So far this has not fixed the issues I am seeing, but I will report back if things return to normal.

I reverted to 0.5 and 0.4 to compare battery life and they seem to work like they should (and always have).

I redownloaded/reflashed 0.6.1 (wiped 4 times) and tried multiple kernels including stock.

I ordered a NEW replacement battery and it has displayed the same problems as my factory batt. I even checked the voltages - they correctly match the ranges I should be seeing for a good battery.

HELP !?!?!

#1 bekyndnunwind, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  2. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1

same issues here

3. FunnelWeaver

FunnelWeaver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As stated in my thread, I'm experiencing very similar issues.

I am now nearly certain that this is an issue that lies within Android 2.2.1.

4. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It could be but it's not an issue across the board so there's more to it than just Android 2.2.1 or BB 0.6.1. What do you all have in common?

FWIW, I have no battery life issues. Battery life seems better with 0.6.1 for me.

5. gsDroid

gsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +3
    It is perplexing how pretty much identical handsets following the same procedures to install a custom rom have such disparate results. My battery life was excellent under v0.5 and it is even better on v0.6.1. I can't believe how long my battery lasts under light/moderate loads. I'm running the stock kernel.

6. bekyndnunwind

bekyndnunwind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering how often you have to charge your phone...

7. Mikosh

Mikosh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 for this. I can get about 2 or 3 hours on the 5% mark (x in battery icon). And it loves to jump from 50 to 20, tried calibrating as well....No luck

8. gsDroid

gsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I can go a day and a half between charges. I like to let it get to 15% or so before I charge. I do turn off the phone at bedtime and turn it on when I wake up. I do mostly wifi browsing, a few phone calls, reading and sending emails. I am totally impressed with 0.6.1 performance and battery life. Must admit, when I get locked into an Angry Birds session, my battery suffers.

9. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    What kernels are you guys running? I am running BB EXACTLY as it comes and have insane battery life (not just saying that because I make the ROM).

10. bekyndnunwind

bekyndnunwind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Pete!

Kudos to you, I don't think it is a problem with the ROM specifically because other people running 2.2.1 android are experiencing this as well. LOVE your ROM and appreciate all the work you put into these quality releases :)

I am currently using LFY 900mhz 6.5 kernel, I will put the stock on back on to test it out. Is the stock kernel the LFY 800mhz 6.5 kernel ?

11. GDO7

GDO7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pete, I amrunning the stock kernel and experienced the same thing. I just did a fresh install and am trying some things out. After I did the initial install I realized that the market didn't maintain all of my apps so I backed up 0.6.1 and installed my 0.5 backup so I could remember all the apps that I had. I would have used Titanium Backup, but I had problems with it early on (using it now though because it has gotten WAY better). When I reinstalled my 0.6.1 backup, I started having the battery issues.

I just started over this morning with a fresh and clean install. Wiped 3 times and a 4th for good measure and am currently seeing what happens. I have been off the charger for 2 hours now and still at 100% with light use so it is looking good.

There has to be a common denominator between all of us that had the bad experience, but I haven't a clue of what it is. Reguardless, I will be a Bugless Beast user for life. You do great work, man!

12. FunnelWeaver

FunnelWeaver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running ChevyNO1's ULV 1100MHz kernel. I've also tried Slayher's kernels and experienced the same problems.