Something official should come today

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't know what the "average" consumer would do but....

IF someone is on last legs with a 1st generation Droid or the equivalent, I'd say they might jump.
For someone with an X GB or X2. I'd bet they will wait.
It just doesn't seem that impressive the way it is sizing up and most leaks are not far off these days. At $299.00 AND a new 2 year contract precluding the next iterations for what amounts to Dog Years these days - I for one will keep keeping on with my X2 and save the upgrade for a Real "Upgrade".
"Upgrades" (IMO) should be that that not "LateralNewHardware" nor should Upgrades be to solve problems which is why/how I went to the X2 and maintained upgrade status.
These incremental moves are obviously designed to keep the market churning but again IMO the shortness of the cycle of hardware releases is just causing "skips" in the moves at least for the individual buyer.
Those "skips" are due to the cycle length AND the smaller increments in advancement.
I just don't see jumping on a Bionic IF someone has the X GB or the X2 just to pick up 4G and a couple of tweaks, thus resulting in a "skip" of the Bionic and waiting for the next one. Just my $.02 (worth every penny)

All that said, this could very well be the strategy. Leak unimpressive stats that then thins the inventory of current Droid offerings then once supply gets to an acceptable level Bang! Release the real stats and blow everybodys mind.
1.2 gig dual-core, 1 gig RAM, 4G, and a FREE Otter Case if you upgrade early. Who knows, stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

A2Aegis

Reaction score
At this point, I am glad my upgrade is in November. Hopefully I'll be rolling in options by then (Dinara, Nexus Prime, etc).

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
At this point, I am glad my upgrade is in November. Hopefully I'll be rolling in options by then (Dinara, Nexus Prime, etc).

You clinging to a D1 though?

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Don't forget an extra half gig of RAM.

It's been stated there will only be 512 MB of RAM on the device. IF there is 1GB 1/2 of it will be dedicated to the laptop bs and unavailable for use.

Stated by who? I'll show my source if you show me yours.
DROID Bionic Will Have Netflix Support at Launch (Updated: Removed From List) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

With it’s enormous 4.3″ screen, dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and 4G LTE support, the DROID Bionic will make the perfect device to stream all of your addicting content from.

I'll look for it again. I really don't trust droid life as a source anymore, but to each their own.

Al Neri

Reaction score

I can upgrade now but if I wait til early October my NE2 discount is $100. Hopefully my D1 lasts, it is running so slow sometimes I want to throw it at the wall. Dinara huh? I think I will stick with the Bionic.

Java

Reaction score
dancedroidHey guys Verizon finally put it up on their website! dancedroid

It's even better than we thought!

droidbionic.png

Zetsumei

Reaction score
dancedroidHey guys Verizon finally put it up on their website! dancedroid

It's even better than we thought!

droidbionic.png

I lol'ed. But yeah I can't find the webpage that I located 2 days ago. We'll just wait until it is released at this point, not gonna debate about how much RAM the Bionic will have.

A2Aegis

Reaction score

Yep.

I can upgrade now but if I wait til early October my NE2 discount is $100. Hopefully my D1 lasts, it is running so slow sometimes I want to throw it at the wall. Dinara huh? I think I will stick with the Bionic.

The Bionic is still an option, but if the Dinara is out, or is close to release, I have to consider it.

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score

Yep.

The Bionic is still an option, but if the Dinara is out, or is close to release, I have to consider it.

Just wondering, my D1 is getting long in the legs that's why I ask

Oxymoron

Reaction score
I don't know why more people aren't mentioning inductive charging as one of the Bionic's standard features. That is pretty nice. It's the COMBONATION of certain specs that makes this phone a step above. Some other phones have some of them, but this phone has most of them.

Supposedly anyway, I know nothing is concrete until an official announcement.

Pentile technology is wonderful, it's the type of screen that's used in conjunction with it that matters. Pentile is a step in the right direction. And the resolution is the highest I've heard of so far. The end result is what matters to me, not whether it's pentile or not. Granted... the X2 display kind of sucks.

I don't know.... 4G LTE + Inductive charging + 1 gig a of DDR2 RAM + 1 Ghz dual core OMAP(rumored) + new blur = pretty solid.

Last me for 2 yrs? Maybe not, but I'll sure not be ashamed of it as long as I own it.

*customized tapatalk signature*

A2Aegis

Reaction score
I was at the VZW store the other day to look at the Droid 3. I decided to get a closer look at the DX2 while I was there. The screen was definitely pixelated, but that's with my head up the screen. At normal viewing distance (in my opinion), it looks perfectly fine.

rayw796

Reaction score
I am not going to continue to wait for the next best thing. Like someone else said, you never get anything because there is always a next best thing. I want to do the best I can for the next 2 years, so I am waiting for the Bionic or an equivalent whith which I can retire my D1 and get the job done. I cannot believe that Motorola does not have ANY LTE phone in the Verizon lineup! I don't think they are going to want to wait long to correct that!

wseyller

Reaction score
Well, I have decided that from now on I will not believe anymore leaks and information about the bionic until it is on verizon website. Its gotta way out of control. I believe that it is coming within the next couple weeks so I will just let the time ride till then.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cwoms167

Reaction score
I think that we are gonna see a commercial exactly a week before August 4 like they did with the Droid x how they had the people going to the cave and each time they would get closer to the phone but it would cut off right as they went to touch it and then the day before you saw the full phone that would be cool if they did something like that but they didn't even advertise the Droid charge much either I think I saw about 2 commercials for the device

Sent from my PG86100 using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
I got an email in the middle of the night from Motorola and I got all excited thinking it was something about the Bionic. I thought for once I was going to be the first to post something great on here! But to no avail, it was just an ad for the D3 and X2. Damn you late night spam

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I received that email. And I thought the same thing... Bionic announcement! Nope, just an advertisement for 2 week old and 2 month old phones...

I don't get the lack of advertisements. Ads help promote business and entice new customers... it makes no sense to not advertise.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums