Something official should come today

NTRS

Reaction score
Yeah. I've been waiting since Jan. My finger nails are gone and I'm starting to pull my hair out

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Not to mention verizon just opened 28 new LTE markets today, and if they are going to launch the bionic in two weeks and one person in there marketing department can smash two brain cells together, we should hear something today...

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

sk102704

Reaction score
Not to mention verizon just opened 28 new LTE markets today, and if they are going to launch the bionic in two weeks and one person in there marketing department can smash two brain cells together, we should hear something today...

+1 Excellent point!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
If they were going to announce today it would have been before the markets open. Good news is always released in the morning so that it will push stock prices higher. If it isn't already on the news NOW then it aint happening today.

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
If they were going to announce today it would have been before the markets open. Good news is always released in the morning so that it will push stock prices higher. If it isn't already on the news NOW then it aint happening today.

I realize this, my optimism for an Aug 4th launch is beginning to fade.

Zetsumei

Reaction score
I don't see why people care about the Bionic anymore really. If those specs hold true it's pretty much a X2 w/ FFC, LTE , OMAP instead of Tegra 2 and a larger form factor. Oh and unconfirmed if indeed it will be 4.5" vs 4.3.

A2Aegis

Reaction score
From what I have seen about Bionic I don't understand all the hoopla. It isn't all that impressive to me considering that similar phones have been at AT&T for 5 months now.

Bionic is going to be a bust if it shows at all IMO.

There is nothing like the Bionic anywhere. Bionic may have similar specs as other phones except for one giant aspect, 4gLTE! The Bionic is going to be the first 4gLTE dual core phone so there is no way it can be outdated. Huge difference!

The Motorola Atrix? It's pretty much the exact same phone.

A2Aegis

Reaction score
I don't see why people care about the Bionic anymore really. If those specs hold true it's pretty much a X2 w/ FFC, LTE , OMAP instead of Tegra 2 and a larger form factor. Oh and unconfirmed if indeed it will be 4.5" vs 4.3.

Don't forget an extra half gig of RAM.

Zetsumei

Reaction score

It's been stated there will only be 512 MB of RAM on the device. IF there is 1GB 1/2 of it will be dedicated to the laptop bs and unavailable for use.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
nothing official about the droid3 came until the day they went on sale...soooo...you're dumb.

Calling members dumb or offending them in any way will get you reported :). And droid 3 wasn't aimed at being a "flagship" device so they didn't waste money on advertisement. The bionic on the other hand, even has a sign up site where they will let ppl know what's to come. Droid 3 didn't have a site.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Last edited:
OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score

It's been stated there will only be 512 MB of RAM on the device. IF there is 1GB 1/2 of it will be dedicated to the laptop bs and unavailable for use.

The laptop dock will only occupy 200 mb when the phone is actually docked, otherwise the bionic will utilize the full gig that is available just like the Atrix.

A2Aegis

Reaction score

It's been stated there will only be 512 MB of RAM
on the device. IF there is 1GB 1/2 of it will be dedicated to the laptop bs and unavailable for use.

Stated by who? I'll show my source if you show me yours.
DROID Bionic Will Have Netflix Support at Launch (Updated: Removed From List) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

With it’s enormous 4.3″ screen, dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and 4G LTE support, the DROID Bionic will make the perfect device to stream all of your addicting content from.

ModestMuse

Reaction score
From what I have seen about Bionic I don't understand all the hoopla. It isn't all that impressive to me considering that similar phones have been at AT&T for 5 months now.

Bionic is going to be a bust if it shows at all IMO.

There is nothing like the Bionic anywhere. Bionic may have similar specs as other phones except for one giant aspect, 4gLTE! The Bionic is going to be the first 4gLTE dual core phone so there is no way it can be outdated. Huge difference!

The Motorola Atrix? It's pretty much the exact same phone.

AT&T 4G = Verizon 4G?

I don't think so

faganm24

Reaction score

The laptop dock will only occupy 200 mb when the phone is actually docked, otherwise the bionic will utilize the full gig that is available just like the Atrix.

I'm curious why ppl still think half the ram is reserved for webtop ....even when its not being used.

Wouldnt it be like using VM software like VMWare? I can allocate x amount of ram to the guest from the host when the VM is in use. But when its not in use, it gets kicked back to the host.

It is not!!! It was a rumor that is not true!!!

That is what I believed until I read on XDA forums is that it is not true!!!

I read that the Webtop Dock uses about 200 MB and the Atrix has 818MB Ram for Apps, with stock apps ( included bloatwares ) also what was said is that you get the full use of the 1G on the phone when it is not docked.

Looking for the post.. I will post the link when I find it

Here is one of the Links:[STICKY] [FAQ] Official Atrix "Ask A Dev" & FAQ Thread (Last Update: 05/31/2011) - xda-developers

More Links:
How about a 'Motorola Atrix' webtop dock? - xda-developers The webtop mode is actually linux (albeit Limited) itself which launches once u place the atrix in the dock or use the webtop hack. it allows u to have an open window of your phone on your screen. it doesn't just mirror what is already there.

bit more info on how it looks here
[MOD] Full Ubuntu on the Atrix (now fully automated: 4.1.26/4.1.52) - xda-developers

Preach2K has linked to some other forums that explain their understanding of the ram breakdown. I tend to agree with that. The webtop won't reserve any amount of ram unless it is docked. The Atrix has about 800 MB of usable ram, while the rest is reserved for Android. This is typical of all phones. If you look at your usable ram on your phone. This is a very basic understanding on my part, but I believe it to be correct

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score

It is not!!! It was a rumor that is not true!!!

That is what I believed until I read on XDA forums is that it is not true!!!

I read that the Webtop Dock uses about 200 MB and the Atrix has 818MB Ram for Apps, with stock apps ( included bloatwares ) also what was said is that you get the full use of the 1G on the phone when it is not docked.

Looking for the post.. I will post the link when I find it

Here is one of the Links:[STICKY] [FAQ] Official Atrix "Ask A Dev" & FAQ Thread (Last Update: 05/31/2011) - xda-developers

More Links:
How about a 'Motorola Atrix' webtop dock? - xda-developers The webtop mode is actually linux (albeit Limited) itself which launches once u place the atrix in the dock or use the webtop hack. it allows u to have an open window of your phone on your screen. it doesn't just mirror what is already there.

bit more info on how it looks here
[MOD] Full Ubuntu on the Atrix (now fully automated: 4.1.26/4.1.52) - xda-developers

Preach2K has linked to some other forums that explain their understanding of the ram breakdown. I tend to agree with that. The webtop won't reserve any amount of ram unless it is docked. The Atrix has about 800 MB of usable ram, while the rest is reserved for Android. This is typical of all phones. If you look at your usable ram on your phone. This is a very basic understanding on my part, but I believe it to be correct

Thanks for saving me the time of running all that down.