1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

something killing battery

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by clarc31, Oct 5, 2012.

1. clarc31

clarc31 New Member

My wife and I just bought s3s a couple days ago. I am getting 15 or so hours to a charge, she gets about 6. Only difference is she is on at&t and I'm with Verizon. Thought that her usage seemed off with the android system using so much battery. Any ideas?

View attachment 56842
  2. stevemccarthy

stevemccarthy New Member

Probably the resolution is set high on your wifes phone? Or her standby is set high...hope it helps
  3. Mike.757

Mike.757 New Member

How do you adjust those?
  4. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t New Member

I think by resolution he means brightness, the biggest battery drainer, which can be adjusted in settings or with various apps (I use Lux, which has a slight learning curve, but worked wonders for my battery). Never heard of standby being something you can adjust?

The biggest problem I had with my S3, and possibly the main problem overall, was battery life. It SHOULD be amazing. But some phones don't seem to process that power as well. Unfortunately only a replacement phone seemed to truly fix it. Turning off 2/3 GPS helped, but I knew that was only a short term solution. But now I get amazing battery life again.

Also recommend reading through this...http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-s3-general-discussion/216787-battery-life.html
  5. Wopback

Wopback New Member

I recommended this on another thread. There's an app called watchdog lite which tracks what's using your phones cpu/ram/batt. Theres others but this one is simple.

Try it and see if maybe it's an app misbehaving or process....
Search tags for this page
android system battery kill galaxy s3

galaxy s3 using too much battery

galaxy s4 android system killing battery
what is killing my s3 battery
whats killing my s3 galaxy battery
why is the android systems using so much battery on my galax