Something BIG is Coming - Nexus Prime Anyone?

Logan3824

Reaction score
They don't differentiate between the two. The only time you would have to pay for a different plan is if you were going from a "dumb-phone" to a smart phone.

Well my contract is up in December, and currently I am under my parents plan...Once the contract is up I am going to have to buy my own plan...But my dad; working for NASA receives a 15% discount on phones, so is there anyway to use that to my advantage?

*edit* At the moment I am under an unlimited data plan(3g).

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well my contract is up in December, and currently I am under my parents plan...Once the contract is up I am going to have to buy my own plan...But my dad; working for NASA receives a 15% discount on phones, so is there anyway to use that to my advantage?

*edit* At the moment I am under an unlimited data plan(3g).
Stay on their plan and just pay your parents, otherwise you cant get unlim and discount goes away.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I bet people will complain about the 5mp camera but 5 MP's is plenty if utilized properly. I am hoping for a camera overhaul with this phone. We will see though.

A 5 MP is fine. My Droid 1 has that and it's a good camera (for a phone). One time the vehicle in front of me was driving crazy and at a stop light I snapped a pic of it and found later I could zoom the picture to see the license plate clearly. I have a ton of pictures on my Droid of just about everything because it does such a good job. Yes my digital camera is better, but this works good enough that I don't have to carry both if I don't want to.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Seeing as how this is a developer phone, once we get a custom rom cooked-up that will underclock when not under load, shouldn't battery life just be sick (especially if the rumored 2050mah battery is true)?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seeing as how this is a developer phone, once we get a custom rom cooked-up that will underclock when not under load, shouldn't battery life just be sick (especially if the rumored 2050mah battery is true)?
Yea, i was thinking the same. If its designed at 1.5ghz and lasts so long, i would think an underclock to like 600mhz or something would do wonders for the battery. Maybe even turn off a core on cetain day if that can be done. o_O

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yea, i was thinking the same. If its designed at 1.5ghz and lasts so long, i would think an underclock to like 600mhz or something would do wonders for the battery. Maybe even turn off a core on cetain day if that can be done. o_O

I'm not even remotely sure how a multi-core works, but I think that no matter how little each core is doing, having the total work (that can be divided) divided among them will always be beneficial to battery life. It seems like the only time turning off a core would help would be if the phone were to be only running a single process, which I don't imagine ever happens unless it is an idle OS. But that is all guesses.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Underclocking both cores to like 300 when the screen is off should be more than enough for the phone to do all the background tasks, email, etc... I mean, my Droid seems to handle it just fine with only 250.

And once we get root, you'll be able to underclock with SetCPU (once it's updated for ICS).

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Underclocking both cores to like 300 when the screen is off should be more than enough for the phone to do all the background tasks, email, etc... I mean, my Droid seems to handle it just fine with only 250.

And once we get root, you'll be able to underclock with SetCPU (once it's updated for ICS).
That would be amazing. Battery would last like half a week.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm not even remotely sure how a multi-core works, but I think that no matter how little each core is doing, having the total work (that can be divided) divided among them will always be beneficial to battery life. It seems like the only time turning off a core would help would be if the phone were to be only running a single process, which I don't imagine ever happens unless it is an idle OS. But that is all guesses.

From what I've read, the way it is right now, one of the cores does most of the work and the second kicks in once in a while to help with any overflow (in a nutshell).

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I've read, the way it is right now, one of the cores does most of the work and the second kicks in once in a while to help with any overflow (in a nutshell).

Man, I didn't know the second core was stored and did work in a nutshell... is that like a a new shellcode or something??

(I did something there... did you see it?)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Uh hello, there are tiny nutshells inside these phones! I had a squirrel eye'n me the other day and now I know why!