somethin aint right (UD10)

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Big Ry, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Big Ry

Big Ry Active Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I downloaded ud10 but wasn't sure how to do a nandroid install, so I left the unpacked files in the nandroid directory and the original zip on the root. So then I downloaded the rooted 2.1, renamed it update, and put it on the root of my card. After sprecovery update install, mydroid booted with ud10...WTF? Well I wasn't mad, cause that's what I wanted. I purity on the charger and went to bed. When I woke up this morning the battery was at 30 (after being off the charger for an hour Max) then when I got to the dentist 45 min later it had died. Its running warm too. And there's some "loading data" thing in the taskbar that wont go away. What's going on?

2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    put the extracted files in a new folder named UDv10, then put that folder in your nandroid folder on sd card, reboot recovery, wipe data/factory reset (twice), wipe cashe partition (twice), Nandroid advanced restore, choose UDv10, Reboot, Enjoy

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  3. The Rick

The Rick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Whatever version (lets stay out of it!) is on rom manager for UD10 has worked amazingly well for me. The original nandroid install did a terrible job and it was the worst rom ever. I have had the RM version for 4-5 days now and it hasn't had a single force close, it runs cool, hell even beautiful widgets doesn't get force close messages.

4. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Rom manager not recommended. (by me anyway) Use the process above in this post. It's the easiest and most sound way.

Extract the files (will be 4 of them) make a new folder on your desktop labeled "ud10" put the 4 files in it and move that folder to your nandroid folder on your sdcard and then do the nandroid restore as stated above

5. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know why I should choose UDv10 over Jrummy's new remix. Both are jam-packed with nice hacks. I am leaning towards Jrummy for the moment...

6. Sodner

Sodner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Personal preference. Try one then the other.

7. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea I did have UDv10 on for 2 days and now I am trying Jrumy... I am having a few issues applying my themes to Jrummy for the moment, however I feel like his remix has more fixes like built in ad-blocking, youtube high quality hack...

8. Big Ry

Big Ry Active Member

Ratings:
    +10
    thats what i did, but i didnt see a ud10 choice in advanced restore, just an old droidmod rom

oh and i didnt wipe twice

9. hobby31

hobby31 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Your preference. I like the look of UD better so I use it. I've used JRummys and it's a good ROM I just don't like the color schemes. It's a solid ROM though.

10. Big Ry

Big Ry Active Member

Ratings:
    +10
    and i how do i go about wiping the rom to start fresh?

does anyone here even have any clue what happened? i dont understand how it could load a rom i didnt install. and i also dont get whats going on with the battery. the thing last like 2 freakin hours on a full charge with 0 use!

11. Big Ry

Big Ry Active Member

Ratings:
    +10
    ok i tried it again. i was playing arounnd with it while it was charging and it seemed to be taking the charge well. there was no icon that said "loading data"

so then i tried to restore my apps and data with mybackup pro again, and now that damn icon is back! WTF is it even loading!? and how do i get rid of this thing so i can actually use my phone (im assuming thats why my battery is useless)? should i not have restored system settings? first time around, i restored all data...second time, all data except contacts, call log, and calendar.