Someone plz help me

thebiggestboss

Reaction score
I've rooted my droid and watched about a thousand tutorials, but i cannot get any of the roms to function. i've tried downloading the .zip file unzipping it putting it in nandroid. but that hasn't worked. and i tried the install thing but nothing. can someone help me

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi boss. When you download a new rom you don't unzip it or put it in nandroid (unless there are specific instructions to install via nandroid). If you're using Sprecovery all you do is rename the rom UPDATE then go to Install>>>>hit allow update.zip installations>>>>install update. Let me know if that worked for you. Maybe I'm just not understanding what you're talking about.

OP
T

thebiggestboss

Reaction score
thanx

i really appreciate the help but since then ive come across a new problem. a friend of mind attempted to help having rooted their and deleted my cache in an attempt to install smoked glass. now im stuck in a boot loop (idk if its a boot loop but when i turn the phone on it loads normally and when it comes on it tells me to touch the droid which leads me to a page that says activate my phone and after activating i press next and it sends me back to the droid) and when i attempt to install the rom this message comes up

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

-- Install from sd card...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

ive named the files both update and update.zip and they are zipped. what should do

Last edited:

deaf leppy

Reaction score
Which recovery are you using, and which rom are you trying to install?
If you're using ClockWork, there's an option to turn off signature checking.. That's what you need to hit. I'm not sure where it's at, as I use SPrecovery. You could also try another rom.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As CC and Tallica said - If using Sprecovery:

-Reboot into recovery
-Select: Install
- Select: Allow update.zip installation
- Select: Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)
- Select: Reboot
-Enjoy!