Someone please help!!

mikenice24

Reaction score
Ok so i was trying to root my Motorola Droid which was running Froyo 2.2 and easy root didint work due to the recent update so followed the links on the unstableapps website to downgrade to 2.1 so i can root it. I downloaded RSD LITE 4.6 onto my pc and loaded [MBM]'s SPRecovery SBF onto the droid in stead of the SBF downgrade to 2.1 and now the phone will boot but it has a solid red light like my battery is dead and shows a red battery icon with a line through it and the phone has no 3g service what so ever. Can someone please direct me into the right direction to fix my droid? I would really appreciate it.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Mike! I'd plug it into a wall charger for a few hours. In the meantime I'll move this over to the rescue squad. They will want to know what model droid you are using too. Good luck! :D

OP
M

mikenice24

Reaction score
Thank you. Its the original droid model. Not droid x or droid 2.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
<snip>to downgrade to 2.1 so i can root it. I downloaded RSD LITE 4.6 onto my pc and loaded [MBM]'s SPRecovery SBF onto the droid in stead of the SBF downgrade to 2.1 <snip>

That's where you went wrong. [mbm]'s SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file is not a complete .sbf file, it only has SPRecovery and a 2.1 kernel in it. So you have a 2.2 phone with SPRecovery but a 2.1 kernel on it and what you posted is the exact sympton of that situation.

Check out the 'unroot droid1 without rsd lite" link in my sig and then use the root any droid 1 link that tp76 posted. Just make sure your follow the instructions to the 't' and don't try to shortcut anything.

good luck

OP
M

mikenice24

Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you guys so much for your help. I really appreciate it. My phone has been restored to normal.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for coming back and updating us and glad you got it back up and running :)

OP
M

mikenice24

Reaction score
Metamorph

Ok so my phone is running well its rooted and im trying to get Metamorph to work but it wont load the themes. i downloaded the new file extention transfer tool and its not seing the file when i try to find it to tranfer it the new file extension. Im not even sure if im downloading the right themes at this point. The XDA website is refering to different types of roms(CyanogenMod 4.2.9.1, Dwang 1.13
, , and AOSP 1.6
) im not sure i can use or even have on my motorola droid 1.Please heellp?! lol