Someone Please help (My battery)

x888x

Reaction score
Ever since I forced the update my battery life has been atrocious. Granted, my battery life was neevr fantastic but it is now 11:40 and my battery is at 15%. It was unplugged 4 hrs 45 mins ago (from charging over night). I force updated the 2.2 FRG01B build about a week ago. I have updated all apps and checked for updates as recently as an hour ago.

No WIFI and Bluetooth are not on.

Battery Use Breakdown
Display 54%
Android System 7%
World War 6%
Cell Standby 6%
Alice 5%
Phone Idle 5%
Swype 3%
Weatherbug Elite 3%
Android OS 3%
Maps 2%
com.android.launcher 2%

Other issue: my phone lags bigtime almost everytime I hit the Home button to return home. WTF?

EDIT: Auto-Brightness is enabled (and has been)

Last edited:

brando56894

Reaction score
Ive heard that there were battery life problems with froyo but ive been running custom roms so I cant vouch for that. Are you rooted? do you have the display on often? (half of your usage is from the screen, try turning down the brightness). The launchers do seem sluggish at times, try downloading launcher pro or ADW.

Ive managed to completely drain my battery in about 3 or 4 hours but that was overclocked to 1.25 GHz (performance governor) with the screen on max brightness, gps in use and playing graphic intensive games (yes i was trying to kill the battery lol)

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Version 1.3 of Facebook has been known to cause battery issues. 1.3.1 supposedly fixes it. Don't know if you use FB, but thought I would let you know.

OP
X

x888x

Reaction score
Ive heard that there were battery life problems with froyo but ive been running custom roms so I cant vouch for that. Are you rooted? do you have the display on often? (half of your usage is from the screen, try turning down the brightness). The launchers do seem sluggish at times, try downloading launcher pro or ADW.

Ive managed to completely drain my battery in about 3 or 4 hours but that was overclocked to 1.25 GHz (performance governor) with the screen on max brightness, gps in use and playing graphic intensive games (yes i was trying to kill the battery lol)

Stock 2.2
Auto-Brightness Enabled
Stock Launcher Enabled (used to use Helix Launcher)

And yea, I wouldn;t have an issue if I had been lsitening to/streaming music or using gps, etc. I have been on gtalk a lot but jeez.

OP
X

x888x

Reaction score
Version 1.3 of Facebook has been known to cause battery issues. 1.3.1 supposedly fixes it. Don't know if you use FB, but thought I would let you know.

I do use FB but it auto-updated to 1.32 last night. I also have not launched it since then.

Thanks for your help tho

brando56894

Reaction score
i think facebook runs in the background so that may have been your problem, ive noticed that if youre in a brightly lit area auto-brightness turns the brightness all the way up (which is counter intuitive IMO because if you have a lot of light why do you need the screen turned all the way up?), try it yourself: go to a dimly lit room or one that is completely dark and then turn on a flashlight app, auto-brightness will turn the backlight to 100%!

Get off the stock launcher too, it wont affect battery life but it will make it snappier.