Someone is gonna flame me for this: adb files missing...

spyke

Reaction score
So I'm having some issues here in the middle of nowhere Guam. Quick introduction: Names Alex, I'm currently stationed here at Naval Hospital Guam as a Hospital Corpsman, USN, and what would you know, The amazing Droid 2 came to island, WOOOHOO! Our providers are a bit different but the one running my phone is IT&E. Anyway to the issue at hand:

I got ADB working, cmd shows my device anid everything but the issue is that when I try to push any of the apk, i mean any of them, I'm getting an error, "cannot stat blah blah. No such file or directory."

To my understanding I'm missing these files, but why? I have android-sdk-windows on my c:/ drive but could I still be missing these files? Some help would be greatly appreciated.

I've used the search and google, hell even yahoo . *Wears proper PPE and Flamesuit* I've looked for this issue, but I couldn't find it. So please help! :)

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Spyke and thank you very much for your service! Do you have the correct drivers installed on your pc? What version of windows are you using?

OP
spyke

spyke

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Spyke and thank you very much for your service! Do you have the correct drivers installed on your pc? What version of windows are you using?

Windows XP, SP2 (lol Never updated).

As far as drivers, I've went to motorola's website to get usb drivers for the Droid 2 via Motorola Driver Installer.exe.

I went to Android SDK | Android Developers to get the Windows version of android-sdk_r07-windows.zip.

I then opened the zip and put it in a newly created folder called Droid2Root.

Then I opened the Droid2Root/android-sdk_r07-windows/SDK Manager and ran the update.

As far as the ADB goes, my cmd sees that its a command and it processes adb devices giving me my device # just fine. But when I try to make it push any apk I get the error.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Posted by Karnovaran over at XDA:

If you have already run the commands but got stuck at adb push, do the following:

- cd c:/Droid2Root
- adb push Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
- adb push su /sdcard/su
- adb push busybox /sdcard/busybox
- adb shell (you should now have a # prompt)
- mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- cp /sdcard/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
- cp /sdcard/su /system/bin/su
- cp /sdcard/busybox /system/bin/busybox
- chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
- chmod 4755 /system/bin/busybox
- mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- exit
- exit

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=764950&page=3

OP
spyke

spyke

Reaction score
Looking at some of the pics on that website u sent is looked like the same errors I got so I'm gonna just follow with the rest of the commands and pray a bit to god that it works lol. Thanks so much :) ill let you know of the results when I'm back at home (going out with the gf lol).

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok Good luck!! Sometimes it IS best to walk away for a bit! Have fun with your g/f and be sure to report back :D

OP
spyke

spyke

Reaction score
So I get to adb root but I'm getting a $... files from the xda website ,easy rooting 123, are in my tools folder. Running the adb push commands are working fine now but getting to shell I'm not getting the # that we all want...

Lol and last night was great with the girlfriend =P

darkonion

Reaction score
So I get to adb root but I'm getting a $... files from the xda website ,easy rooting 123, are in my tools folder. Running the adb push commands are working fine now but getting to shell I'm not getting the # that we all want...

Lol and last night was great with the girlfriend =P

I think you just got to run th root program again. Sometime the exploit doesn't succeed. Just keep doing it until you get root.

-Kevin

OP
spyke

spyke

Reaction score
I think you just got to run th root program again. Sometime the exploit doesn't succeed. Just keep doing it until you get root.

-Kevin

So just run cmd over and over till I get root? I feel like I'm still missing something. I'm currently at work so when I get home I'll post my run commands and maybe you all can see if I'm doing something wrong here.

As far as the boot1 or what not, I've been just running my own cmd via Start Menu/Run/cmd. Then copy pasta the commands into the prompts... I'm not too keen on the idea of letting a program do everything for me... lol.

KingLo

Reaction score

-Kevin

So just run cmd over and over till I get root? I feel like I'm still missing something. I'm currently at work so when I get home I'll post my run commands and maybe you all can see if I'm doing something wrong here.

As far as the boot1 or what not, I've been just running my own cmd via Start Menu/Run/cmd. Then copy pasta the commands into the prompts... I'm not too keen on the idea of letting a program do everything for me... lol.

When you ./rage*bin Youre supposed to wait but when the $ comes up rerun the .rage command again. It was the only way I could get root using the long method. rage didnt rage hard enough for my device.

OP
spyke

spyke

Reaction score
Ah ha! Got it rooted last night by just running the one click from XDA shown to me by darkonion. Thanks everyone for helping me out with this! Bravo Zulu.

laweavervt

Reaction score
I'm also getting the "searching for abd...cannot find adb: No such file or directory." I've rooted several 2s and Xs. Any ideas as to why this can't be found?
Thanks!

Also, don't want to do 1-click root.