Someone help! Not only am I addicted to this phone...

OyVOid

Reaction score
In the same boat. My BF is seriously annoyed that I am constantly holding my Droid instead of him. He wants to know why I won't play with him. To which I said, "I am playing, with the Droid."

That did not go down well, I am going to owe him big for Valentine's Day.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Sign me up for droidaholics.

I am such a hypocrite. As my wife and I were at home watching a movie the other night, and I got bored, and started fooling around with the phone. There is not much more in the world I dislike more than phone users during a movie. It completely pulls me out of the experience.Yet for a solid hour I was on my phone on this site, most of which was looking at and downloading new wallpapers (skinnable Beautiful Widgets means I have to have a matching wallpaper right :p). I was then told "I told you so." as my wife didn't want me to get the phone as she knows how I am with gadgets.

So many jokes have been made at my and the Droid's expense in my house. I was putting together a piece of furniture, and needed a flashlight and said "honey can you bring me a flashlight."...but it hit me, Droid does. By the time she returned with the flashlight I was already illuminated. Well a bit later, I needed a screwdriver. I asked her to get me a screwdriver, she said "Droid doesn't?".

Fortunately my abuse hasn't gotten physical yet, but I still get defensive and duck sometimes.

Briankbl

Reaction score
In the same boat. My BF is seriously annoyed that I am constantly holding my Droid instead of him. He wants to know why I won't play with him. To which I said, "I am playing, with the Droid."

Drink a lot of water - you will want to stay hydrated :)

tu3218

Reaction score
What's really funny to me is my pops use to always get after me for always being on the phone and well....... now pops has a Droid!!!! Need I say more lol

haha yeah, my dad just got a droid and now we sit on the sofa and just tell each other about new apps, features we didnt know about it, etc. My mom always yells at us cause that is all we do. I'm okay with my girl cause she has the cliq from tmobile so we both have android in common, so I use it as an excuse an say I'm just looking for new apps for you ;)

OyVOid

Reaction score

HA!!! --- Oh, my BF is no fool, he doesn't go for cheap tricks. He wants a BIG flat screen that he's been eyeing at for the last three months.

Briankbl

Reaction score

HA!!! --- Oh, my BF is no fool, he doesn't go for cheap tricks. He wants a BIG flat screen that he's been eyeing at for the last three months.

Nice! That is an awesome idea. Next up, get a PS3. Hi-Def games/movies will keep him busy, while you play with your Droid. Heck, it might even loosen Droid's grip it has on you.......................................might...

bigthinker

Reaction score
The first 2, no actually 3 weeks I had my Droid were rough on my marriage and Wife....Since then, I have backed off somewhat....Be careful....THIS thing is addicting!!!:motdroidvert:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whenever I first got my Droid...my girlfriend broke up with me a week later...after a three year relationship...it wasn't directly because of my Droid of course, but now after reading this thread, it may have played a role in the breakup... ;)

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Solution to this issue of a significant other not understanding your addiction,
is to get them addicted too !!!!

Run out, get them the Android device that best suits them,
sign them up for an account here,
making sure they have their own computer of course :p

Run, Don't Walk to your local VZW Store!!!!
Your relationships are at RISK !!! Time's Awastin !!!

Problem Solved :icon_ devil:

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Sitting up in bed until almost 2:00AM playing Robot Defense on my new MotoDroid didn't go over very well with my wife when she found out the next day. After that, I began cutting it short at 1:00.

She only has a Blackberry Storm, she wouldn't understand...

streetkid

Reaction score
I don't even have one yet, and I'm addicted! Though I will make it a point to not be that person staring at the their phone while they are out to dinner with their friends/family/partner. But when I'm watching TV with my brother, while he watches endless reruns of family guy and king of the hill, I'll be able to fart around on the droid.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Answer to this problem is to have multiple addictions!

What works for me after being married 25 years is to have multiple addictions so there are multiple to choose from! For example, my wife gets really tired of my addiction to blues music, so I bought a motorcycle. She then got tired of that, so I bought a Droid! Think you get my point. Last week, I showed her a recipe app, she said "great, go cook something". I tried lastnight to impress her by using the LED app to display "I love you", she did'nt buy it! Will keep you posted if I find the dream app.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Whenever I first got my Droid...my girlfriend broke up with me a week later...after a three year relationship...it wasn't directly because of my Droid of course, but now after reading this thread, it may have played a role in the breakup... ;)

My sympathy goes out to you, but remember, a loyal droid is a beautiful thing!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
My husband has given up on trying to "best" the droid...I do still make time for him but he has accepted that this forum and the DROID is at the top of my list right now...LOL...he is accepting this much better than he did my time on the PS3 a year ago!:icon_ devil: