Someone has to know something!!!!

jdfet

Reaction score
I have been trying get answers but no one seems to have a clue. I have a rooted Inc 2..... months ago it starting getting to where none of the apps would update themselves. I could not even manually get them to update. Because of this apps have begun to act weird and not work properly. Now my phone wont even bring up the keypad when I tap the 'phone' button. If someone calls it will ring but it gives me some message about google something or other failed and then a 'forceclose' button. The phone is becoming worthless real quick!! Doesnt anyone have a clue??
I have rebooted, I have pulled the battery, I have done everything I have read about in various forums..... again, I am rooted.... what can be done??

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Sounds like things are going downhill quickly. I am posting so someone will see this and jump in the ring with you. Good luck!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
What I would suggest would be to write down the names of all apps you have, but up your contacts with Google or Backup Assistant (whichever you prefer), backup anything you need, and do a factory data reset and start from scratch.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

tjb90291

Reaction score
One of my previous Inc.2s had this same issue called Verizon turned out to be a hardware issue. For you it may be a little difficult as to being rooted so a replacement may be in order if possible hope this helps.

Sent from myDroid Incredible 2 using Droid Forums

OP
J

jdfet

Reaction score
Ok, so if I do a factory reset, will this cause issues since its rooted? I also have Titanium backup, will I be able to restore everything from it?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You say you are rooted, are you using a ROM? If not, why not? What's the point of rooting and not ROM'ing? lol My opinion.
Try a ROM on that bad boy....
The Incredible HD one is pretty good.

This is why I stopped rooting. I swear it caused more issues then it was worth. It was fun... but something always just didn't quite work right.

OP
J

jdfet

Reaction score
Ok, so could it be that the phone is acting weird because I have not done a rom? Just curious. Also where can I find the 'how to' for a good rom...say the HD one u mentioned. Its rooted cause I like the backup feature.
Also if I do a master reset, will I have issues since its rooted? Can I get back the things that are backed up in Titanium??

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
One you are rooted and have a recovery installing, ROM'ing is easy breezy. I assume you have ClockWork Mod recovery installed?
You just download a ROM to your SDCard and install it from Clockwork.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Ok, so could it be that the phone is acting weird because I have not done a rom? Just curious. Also where can I find the 'how to' for a good rom...say the HD one u mentioned. Its rooted cause I like the backup feature.
Also if I do a master reset, will I have issues since its rooted? Can I get back the things that are backed up in Titanium??

Doing an FDR will not cause issues. Yes, you can restore the things that are backed up with TiBu. That's the point with using TiBu. Just redownload it from the market after the FDR then do a batch resore.

OP
J

jdfet

Reaction score
Ok, did the restore....a few times. Cannot get Gmail to work. When I hit the gmail app, the screen turns white and then goes back to the app screen. Same thing for the 'market' app. Soooo I cant get phone numbers to reload....
Ideas?
By the way, I sure appreciate the help...I thought my phone was a gonner! Thanks

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
How many times did you reset while still in recovery? Try wiping data, cache, and maybe dalvik cache all about 3 times each.

OP
J

jdfet

Reaction score
Ok, got it back now. All info seems to be there. Now how about a Rom? Can anyone suggest a solid one and point me in the direction for a "how to"?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I don't know any DInc2 ROMs, sorry. All I can tell you to do is look through the different lists in the ROMs subsection in the Inc 2 section.

olorolo

Reaction score
I would install a custom recovery and try the eclipticsense 4.0 on the mikmik forum. The Rom runs pretty flawless and its eye candy for ya

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I tried a lot. Documented it in the ROM forum under DINC2 on this site. Incredible HD was the most stable. Did not try Eliptic.