Somehow managed to pre-order this thing today

bitter

Reaction score
I am no making this up whatsoever. I called Verizon and simply asked about it, and asked if I could place an order for one. She said no problem and took my order. It came to $249.99, and I repeated multiple times "This is for the Droid Bionic, correct?" to which she said that it was. On my VZW homepage directly after I placed this order, there is now a message at the top of it that states:

"Your new device has been detected. You are eligible to retrieve your media."

I know this sounds like a nonsense story, but I am being completely 100% serious. Try it out yourselves and see where it gets you.

Just thought I'd drop the tip.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
No mention of the phone itself yet, assuming because it's not "officially" coming out on the 8th.

bionic2.jpg

Last edited:

Zregnier

Reaction score
I just talked to them yesterday and they said as soon as it's in their system they'll call me and I can order it. No call today. Sure seems like one hell of an unorganized company.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure the point of pre-ordering when you'll receive it after the date it's released at the stores.

cubuff

Reaction score
If its like all the pre order stuff I've got in the past. There's a chance it will arrive on release date.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bplewis24

Reaction score
Not sure the point of pre-ordering when you'll receive it after the date it's released at the stores.

I guess it just eliminates the risk of demand outweighing supply. If the phone sells out quickly, it's better to have it a day late than have to wait for the next shipment, whenever that may be. I'm considering pre-ordering tomorrow night, if possible, just to avoid going into the store.

I've had my D1 for about 9 months too long, I can handle one more day.

Brandon

Infiniti87

Reaction score
I can confirm what the OP has said. I just got off the phone with a VZW customer service rep and was able to order the Bionic. Also they are already shipping. I asked for the overnight shipping but because it's so late in California right now it will not ship until Wednesday and it will be in my hands on Thursday. Can't wait. It's been way too long anticipating the arrival of the Bionic. Time to retire the OG droid.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

The point of preodering is to assure you that you will receive the device upon its release. If you don't preorder, chances are you will have to wait for the next shipment if they run out of inventory.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I just talked to them yesterday and they said as soon as it's in their system they'll call me and I can order it. No call today. Sure seems like one hell of an unorganized company.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

You call a HUGE corporation "unorganized" because they didn't give you a call. No offense but I'm sure they have some things they need to do before calling thousands of customers about preorders starting.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Last edited:

m2jpilot

Reaction score
I am no making this up whatsoever. I called Verizon and simply asked about it, and asked if I could place an order for one. She said no problem and took my order. It came to $249.99, and I repeated multiple times "This is for the Droid Bionic, correct?" to which she said that it was. On my VZW homepage directly after I placed this order, there is now a message at the top of it that states:

"Your new device has been detected. You are eligible to retrieve your media."

I know this sounds like a nonsense story, but I am being completely 100% serious. Try it out yourselves and see where it gets you.

Just thought I'd drop the tip.

Was the $249 after a $50 ne2 discount, or was that the contract price?

And they're already on ebay!! http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Motorola-Dr...3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A5216&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#

Last edited: