Somebody's been listening

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
prime said:
Stock generally provides the best overall battery life in my experience with various devices.

I got 22 hours uptime with 5 hours of screen on time from my X yesterday, this is on a stock ROM and stock 1+ year old battery.

I've never gotten 5 hours of screen on time previously, close on my OG but not quite...it's like the battery life is getting better with age.

Eh, idk about stock being best battery life...the gnex has an hd samoled screen which, on stock, will eat the battery alive...I got maybe 1.5-2 on screen hours battery life on stock 4.0.2 but now with aokp milestone 5, latest Franco kernel nightly and a black and red theme (dark colors are best for battery life) I'm getting 3.5-4 hours on screen time and I'm overclocked running interactive governor

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Eh, idk about stock being best battery life...the gnex has an hd samoled screen which, on stock, will eat the battery alive...I got maybe 1.5-2 on screen hours battery life on stock 4.0.2 but now with aokp milestone 5, latest Franco kernel nightly and a black and red theme (dark colors are best for battery life) I'm getting 3.5-4 hours on screen time and I'm overclocked running interactive governor

I didn't say stock kernel ;)

Your improved battery life is almost certainly kernel related, some improvement can be had with dark colors but ICS is already dark.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
prime said:

Your improved battery life is almost certainly kernel related, some improvement can be had with dark colors but ICS is already dark.

Aha, I did think of one thing that really does help battery on custom roms- automatic brightness tweaks....its a pita getting them all set up right but I have some of the lower levels set super low, lower than manual brightness goes and that absolutely helps my battery (lowest brightness I have set is only at 5), also aokp and some other roms have a built in battery saver (data/wifi/sync off when screen off)...personally I don't use them but its an option

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

But prime, how are we supposed to truly benefit from great battery life without a de-primed or primed kernel to flash on our Nexus'? :biggrin:

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nexus-prime-logo.jpg

RiceCake2000

Reaction score
Prime kernel? I have not heard of this! By the last few posts it looks pretty awesome.

Has the ota ever hit on 4.0.4? I take it as a no since no one has replied lately about getting it.

reggie14

Reaction score
I was hoping this phone would be different, since it is a Nexus phone, but I've since lost faith that Verizon will approve/allow software updates in a timely manner. I temp-rooted my phone, backed everything up, unlocked the bootloader, and updated by phone to the leaked 4.0.4 OTA. I have no regrets.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was hoping this phone would be different, since it is a Nexus phone, but I've since lost faith that Verizon will approve/allow software updates in a timely manner. I temp-rooted my phone, backed everything up, unlocked the bootloader, and updated by phone to the leaked 4.0.4 OTA. I have no regrets.

To be honest being the nexus is easily unlockable I see why any one would stand around and wait for vzw. It is the main reason I chose the nexus over the droid 4, razr, or razr maxx (which are good phones).