Somebody's been listening

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
M2, isn't that 4.0.2? Might have trouble finding a kernel for that. Everyone is on 4.0.3 or 4.0.4

what the heck...man i need to get my head out of rezound land.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
patient zero is 4.04 according to the website.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
pc747 said:

Ah, I thought you meant aokp...it gets confusing with all the roms calling the stable releases milestones aka m2, m3, etc

Well then, as far as kernels I'd suggest faux kernel @ 1200 or the next speed slot for best battery (faux is the name of the developer)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nevermind...... i am messing up

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail

Patient Zero is 4.0.4, you are good. I think he thought you meant AOKP M2. I actually didn't know there was an M2 for PZ. Thanks for informing me! Gonna flash this baby tonight. So much for sleep! :D

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I am like a kid in a candy store. For now Ima run the stock rooted 4.04 (latest build imm76k) and just play around with a few kernels. Being a new build is out and im all over the place trying to decide what rom i wanna run.... ima calm down and o some research to find a combination of roms and kernels that suits me and then ill make it happen. But right now I just reunited with my nexus and set my rezound down. I am liking the reviews for axiom and will probably give that a whirl. So guys keep it coming with rom suggestions...and as much heck as I gave the nexus its good to be back.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Patient Zero is 4.0.4, you are good. I think he thought you meant AOKP M2. I actually didn't know there was an M2 for PZ. Thanks for informing me! Gonna flash this baby tonight. So much for sleep! :D

give a good review of it .

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
pc747 said:
Thanks guys. I am like a kid in a candy store. For now Ima run the stock rooted 4.04 (latest build imm76k) and just play around with a few kernels. Being a new build is out and im all over the place trying to decide what rom i wanna run.... ima calm down and o some research to find a combination of roms and kernels that suits me and then ill make it happen. But right now I just reunited with my nexus and set my rezound down. I am liking the reviews for axiom and will probably give that a whirl. So guys keep it coming with rom suggestions...and as much heck as I gave the nexus its good to be back.

Aokp is always a good bet, tons of features and lots of support, its very stable and lots of themes and mods. Aokp and aokp based roms are almost definitely the most popular there is right now.
Liquid is SUPER fast and smooth but people tend to have more bugs than other roms (not many really though)
And sourcery isn't quite as fast as others and is only 4.0.3 with many features of 4.0.4 but, by far has the best theming type customization
Cyanogenmod severely lacks features at the moment but is pretty stable
Bugless beast is essentially a modified, optimized stock rom (not many features at all and doesn't have support for running scripts at boot)

Basically all the most popular roms are very stable, its more about what you want your phone to look like, what extra features you want and what type of performance you want

As far as kernels, the best bets are faux (easiest to use without anything extra needed), leankernel (second easiest, just need to find and install the latest lean tweaks script) and lastly, Franco kernel (simply because you have to buy the app to unlock its full potential, app also supports basic things for leankernel as well)

GoBears

Reaction score
I'm enjoying Liquid 1.35+Imo's latest 180mhz kernel. First time ever my phones been getting 3+ hours of screen time! For some reason my phone/battery just doesn't like AOKP. At least I got Milestone5 on my Xoom :)

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm enjoying the stock IMM76K OTA. I guess I'm lame I just love ICS in its stock form. :biggrin:

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I'm enjoying the stock IMM76K OTA. I guess I'm lame I just love ICS in its stock form. :biggrin:

Stock generally provides the best overall battery life in my experience with various devices.

I got 22 hours uptime with 5 hours of screen on time from my X yesterday, this is on a stock ROM and stock 1+ year old battery.

I've never gotten 5 hours of screen on time previously, close on my OG but not quite...it's like the battery life is getting better with age.