Somebody stop me....

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, I dropped $65 on the official Car Dock Mod. lol

Mods should probably be a separate forum here, no? Since they work on all Z Phones?

I do love that it supports quick wireless charging. I hate Vent mount ones but decided to go for it since at $65 it was actually LESS than the mount I wanted for my Mazda which makes it look stock... but it doesn't charge it.
The Mazda vents are kind of weak, so they tilt downward as soon as the phone is attached. Not a huge deal, as you can tilt the mount itself up. It also comes off pretty easily. Pretty sure that's also because of Mazda's bad vent design.

Pros:
  • At least in my SUV, the position on the center vents is actually perfect. Doesn't block climate controls or the infotainment
  • Attaches SO easily and detaches even easier
  • Fast Charges your device
  • Can be configured to automatically go to Android Auto for you
  • Can be swiveled to Portrait or Landscape
  • Where it is in my car at least, the position is pretty perfect for routing the cable.
Cons:
  • If I'm wrong and it's NOT a Mazda thing, the grippy part could be better designed. It comes off if you adjust it to much.
  • Blocks a heater vent. I'm not in love with the idea of blasting heat at my phone, and never have been. This is a vent mount complaint though and not really specific to this one.
  • @$65 I still think it's a bit pricey. Mods in general are a bit pricey, imo.
  • Android Auto... kind of sucks. ;) Moto Drive is SO much better for handling texts while driving.
I'll update with some photos.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We'll take that into account about maybe adding a moto mod section.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea...can't close my center vent. Stupid Mazda. Only the side ones.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I thought we had a section for Moto Mod discussions? I thought so.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I thought we had a section for Moto Mod discussions? I thought so.

I'm going to have to check to see but you may be right.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yea, I dropped $65 on the official Car Dock Mod. lol

Mods should probably be a separate forum here, no? Since they work on all Z Phones?

I do love that it supports quick wireless charging. I hate Vent mount ones but decided to go for it since at $65 it was actually LESS than the mount I wanted for my Mazda which makes it look stock... but it doesn't charge it.
The Mazda vents are kind of weak, so they tilt downward as soon as the phone is attached. Not a huge deal, as you can tilt the mount itself up. It also comes off pretty easily. Pretty sure that's also because of Mazda's bad vent design.

Pros:
  • At least in my SUV, the position on the center vents is actually perfect. Doesn't block climate controls or the infotainment
  • Attaches SO easily and detaches even easier
  • Fast Charges your device
  • Can be configured to automatically go to Android Auto for you
  • Can be swiveled to Portrait or Landscape
  • Where it is in my car at least, the position is pretty perfect for routing the cable.
Cons:
  • If I'm wrong and it's NOT a Mazda thing, the grippy part could be better designed. It comes off if you adjust it to much.
  • Blocks a heater vent. I'm not in love with the idea of blasting heat at my phone, and never have been. This is a vent mount complaint though and not really specific to this one.
  • @$65 I still think it's a bit pricey. Mods in general are a bit pricey, imo.
  • Android Auto... kind of sucks. ;) Moto Drive is SO much better for handling texts while driving.
I'll update with some photos.
Sounds like it would work in my Explorer! I'm going to check it out.. Maybe changing the mode for where the heat comes out (eg.. Down toward your feet only) might help so heat doesn't blast your phone. Thanks for the info

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Exactly what I did this morning, Redbert.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk