Somebody stop me!!

TatDroid

Reaction score
Go for it! My Bionic is awesome - and will only get better. My D1 was totally maxed out on internal memory. I couldn't load a new app without uninstalling something first, the homescreen redraw took a good 30 seconds, and everything was sslllooooowww.

The Bionic is a 500% improvement and I love not ever having to stop and think about if I have enough memory. It's awesome fast and will run ANYTHING. Love it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Captain Crypto
Reaction score
Done. Had them keep my OG Droid activated for now til I'm ready. I'll be playing tonight!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Definitely, I know I do. You made a good choice. Also, for a lot of people the data issues didn't start happening for a few weeks, so maybe that'll be you and the update will be out by then and you won't even notice a single hiccup.

MightyT01

Reaction score
Congrats! Hopefully you'll like it just as much as my bro does. I've played with the Bionic extensively at my local Costco and if it weren't for the GNex coming I would go for the Bionic over the Razr for a variety of reasons.

As an aside, to k1ngr4t, I had the same issues with my OG Droid but all was solved when I found Auto Memory Manager on the Market and life has been grand for my OG Droid. It's been running great and smoothly. With only minor hiccups, til I can upgrade to a GNex.

raistian77

Reaction score
Love mine, I don't want a razr not do I want a phone made by Samsung (personal preference). I love the Motorola Droid phones.

Also the first week of next month there is supposed to be an update to fix the data connectivity problem.

OP
Captain Crypto
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! I just posted my first thoughts on the phone in the official I got my DROID BIONIC thread, so I won't repeat it here. Suffice it to say, I'm happy with it so far.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
battery life will get better after a few cycles.
also remember to kill any apps that constantly poll data such as Skype when you're not using them if you're in a LTE area.

OP
Captain Crypto
Reaction score
battery life will get better after a few cycles.
also remember to kill any apps that constantly poll data such as Skype when you're not using them if you're in a LTE area.

Thanks. I froze a bunch of apps according to the "safe" list. Funny thing - I have an LTE tower less than a mile from my house but the signal runs way over my head because I live down in a bowl. :( I use a network extender so that should help somewhat with the battery. I see that the OTA is going out today to some people, most likely those who loaded the leaked version. I may play around with that today as well.

witelite

Reaction score
I love my bionic and have had 0 problems with it. No data drops or anything iv seen other people talking about. Its an incredible phone. Go for it

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Love my Bionic, think most of the issues they are shaking out will be addresses in an OTA update. Don't let the chatter discourage you! Embrace it!

raistian77

Reaction score
Love my Bionic, think most of the issues they are shaking out will be addresses in an OTA update. Don't let the chatter discourage you! Embrace it!

Good news. Installed 5.5.893 manually last night

This morning I unplugged at 7:30 when I got to work. Left the phone on 4g with normal modes set. At 8:30 started streaming Slacker while working. Stopped at 11:00 for lunch. Watched a 30 min episode on Netflix during lunch. Started streaming again at 12:00 till 4:30 when I pulled into the drive. Had 60% battery left, never once lost data connection.

The camera is SWEET now, takes pics as fast as I can hit the button. Lock screen and home screens no longer have a delay in them.