Somebody stop me!!

Reaction score
I will be in Costco in 20 minutes. My OG Droid is finished. I'm eligible for the upgrade.

I've read nearly every thread here and elsewhere and I'm hung up only on the data drop issue.

So, do I do this Bionic thing or not?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

MightyT01

Reaction score
Sure. They have a very good return policy. Be sure to check into that. My kid bro loves his Bionic and it is slated to get ICS.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jcardona1

Reaction score
Don't do it! Use RSDLite and flash your phone with a stock SBF file. That's helped a lot of people who thought their D1s were failing!

ghart53

Reaction score
I love my Bionic. Sure there were some issues here and there, bit what phone doesn't have issues at first? After rooting and getting the .893 upgrade leak, my Bionic runs fantastic with no issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't get on here to make yourself feel better about whatever decision you make - there are too many differing, dogmatic opinions! :)

OP
Captain Crypto
Reaction score
Don't do it! Use RSDLite and flash your phone with a stock SBF file. That's helped a lot of people who thought their D1s were failing!

I did use your advice from the other thread and it worked better, but I'm still missing texts and the phone isn't responding to some touch inputs. In fact I reflashed the sbf twice. This phone has had it.

I'm okay with waiting for the update that's coming. If I do decide later to by the Nexus I'll give the Bionic to one of my kids.

OP
Captain Crypto
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't get on here to make yourself feel better about whatever decision you make - there are too many differing, dogmatic opinions! :)

Heh. That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm gonna blame all y'all if I don't like it. ;)

faust0230

Reaction score

I disagree! Lol

Seriously though +1 to this. These wonderful souls will have ur head spinning on this choice.

Btw...love my bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
+ 1^^ Moto will have to come up with a 5" quadcore marvel with a wrist band holster and holographic display with a temporal mandibular Bluetooth headset for me to give up my bionic, rofl...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Well so far it's 5 for yes and one for no! I've had my DB for almost two months and I still love it every time I use it. Smooth and fast.

Batman8

Reaction score
Hey...like Nike, "just do it!"

I went from my Droid 1 to a Droid-X and now have upgraded to the Bionic and have never looked back. I surely don't regret it either. I LOVE my Bionic!! With the speed and flexibility of the Bionic over your D1 I think you will really enjoy it too.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I guess after having my Bionic for the past couple months... I think if I had the option of waiting to see what the newer phones were going to be like, I'd opt for that route... simply because the one issue that you have concerns about is maddeningly frustrating when it happens.

It's ridiculous that this phone should do that, and it's ridiculous some here will rationalize it by saying "what phone doesn't have some issues?" This is Motorola's version of "antenna gate".

When you really, REALLY need to use your phone's data connection, and you look down at it and it says "No network connection", then you realize you're no longer holding a phone but an expensive hockey puck in your hands and wish wish you'd waited.

This would be a really really kick ass phone if not for this glaring issue. I know the software update coming up is supposed to fix it... but since you got me started on that...

When has a new version of Android been released that is bug free? Ya sure, some bugs are fixed with each release, but new ones ALWAYS seem to pop up. in fact, it's why everyone is always so excited that a new version of Android is coming out, because it's hoped it will be better than the previous release.

I don't understand why some are so excited to find the new batch of bugs that will be found in ICS.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
While I'm happy with my Bionic (came from an OG Droid) you do realize that the RAZR is coming out soon as well as the Nexus Prime. Lots of treads on those.

OP
Captain Crypto
Reaction score
While I'm happy with my Bionic (came from an OG Droid) you do realize that the RAZR is coming out soon as well as the Nexus Prime. Lots of treads on those.

Yep. Don't want the RAZR. I may get the Nexus full price if I decide I don't like the Bionic.